My Heritage look-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Heritage look-up

If it's allowed, could someone do a look-up for me on My Heritage. I think there is a tree which has the death details for Walterus Guilelmus Meulenhoff, who was born in 1794 in Borgerhout Belgium. Also if possible the death for his wife Joanna Catharina Primen, b 1802, and if there are any details for his brother Guilelm I would be very grateful for anything you can tell me.

Many thanks

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

There are 5 trees. This is from 1st one. None have any more details of the brother than this tree.

Joanna Catharina Meulenhoff (born Primen)
    1802 - 1859
    Birth: Feb 13 1802 Deurne (Belgique)
    Marriage: Marriage to: Walterus Guilelmus MeulenhoffMay 30 1827 Deurne (Belgique)
    Death: Oct 7 1859 Deurne (Belgique)
    Guilelm Meulenhoff
    1797 - ?
    Birth: Jan 27 1797 Deurne
    Walterus Guilelmus Meulenhoff
    1794 - 1859
    Birth: May 8 1794 Deurne (Belgique)
    Marriage: Marriage to: Joanna Catharina Meulenhoff (née Primen)May 30 1827 Deurne (Belgique)
    Death: Oct 7 1859 Deurne (Belgique)
    Family members

Comment

Thanks GL, Interesting that both Walterus and his wife die on the same day. I know it can happen, have a couple of incidences in my tree already, but it does make me suspicious.
      Linda

Comment

I found the records on FamilySearch - not indexed but luckily Deurne is only a small place. Walterus did die on 7/10/1859, but Joanna had died on 7 Jun 1844. Also found 6 more children! Still looking for what happened to Cristophe though, he seems to have vanished.
        Linda

Comment

On MyH it's incredibly easy to incorporate huge sections of someone else's tree into yours, and it's clear that many people have done that, leading to the same bad information appearing on several different trees, as seems to have happened here. Personally I regard my own tree on MyH to be highly speculative and it contains far more people than are in my master tree, and exists mainly for fishing purposes. Maybe others do the same or maybe some people are happy to have huge numbers of people on whom they have done no research themselves.

I advise treating anything you find with great scepticism and use FamilySearch (Records not trees) in preference.
          People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
          Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

I always double check what is on other peoples trees, and use them mostly as hints - this one gave me the place where they lived and having found all the original records on FamilySearch has kept me busy most of the day. There is always that one person though who slips through the cracks...
            Linda

Comment

I had a quick look as well, out of interest. The only 'Source' I could see was someone else's tree.

That brings me to what happened today. I was sent a huge list of so called 'Smart matches' by MyH. I checked a fair number of them and the ONLY source I could see on any of them were other 'Smart matches'. Not one of them had any other source shown. I know far, far more about these ancestors, with loads of sources including birth, marriage and death certificates, parish record images, wills etc. So far I have not found one tree on MyH with any of my ancestors that has any proper sources. What a joke that site is.

Anne

Comment

Working...
              X