where else to look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where else to look?

I'm not too sure that the person in question is actually deceased but he was born in 1935 in Norfolk UK, I have not managed to find him in 1939 register and from memory he isn't with his parents. [It did cross my mind though that he may have been evacuated, though not sure that would be the case then]

er.. scrap that!! I have just looked again at his parents on the 1939 and there is a blanked out line underneath his mum.. I'll bet that is him and because he went to Canada that he's still classed as being alive? afaik he never came back to England and lived in Richmond British Columbia until at least 2002, then the trail goes cold.

any suggestions as to how I can find out if he has passed?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Looks as though deaths only go up to 2000 on this website. Have you used it? I have found it very useful for earlier dates and quite often there are actual images too.

Anne

Comment

Good morning!

I am heading out for a bit of a shopping spree as I need a new mobile.

If you pm me the fella's name, I will see if I can find him in the BC newspapers when I get back.

Alternatively, you can google his name in the newspapers - The Vancouver Sun or The Province. I will check in when I get back,

bcbrit

George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
        Looks as though deaths only go up to 2000 on this website. Have you used it? I have found it very useful for earlier dates and quite often there are actual images too.

Anne
        No I have not used that Anne, I did try googling his name + cemetery + region but nothing much came up.

bcbrit I'll PM you now if that's ok? I've been a little bit busy chasing rellies!..
        Julie

Comment

Hi there,

Well he is a man of mystery, isn't he ?!

I found a real estate agent ( realtor to us) who tweets that he has just sold the house on 26 June 2021. However he has also sold another # 9471 on the same road, so I am not sure if he sold both, or there was a typo when tweeting.

Had a quick look for obits in the papers, but nothing so far. Also no phone listing for him either.

I will have another go tomorrow,

bcbrit
          George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Originally posted by bcbrit View Post
            Hi there,

Well he is a man of mystery, isn't he ?!

I found a real estate agent ( realtor to us) who tweets that he has just sold the house on 26 June 2021. However he has also sold another # 9471 on the same road, so I am not sure if he sold both, or there was a typo when tweeting.

Had a quick look for obits in the papers, but nothing so far. Also no phone listing for him either.

I will have another go tomorrow,

bcbrit
            thank you, at least I know it's not just me that can't find him he'd be what? 86 so a possibility he's still alive..

is there a way to opt out of electoral roll from being published like there is here? [we can tick a box on our ER form and then our names/addresses won't be online, but we'll still have the right to vote]
            I guess also there is the possibility that he has gone into a home?
            Julie

Comment

Okay, back on the job!

As you may have guessed BC is very security conscious.

Re: Electoral Rolls: Our address etc is taken and updated from our annual income tax returns. You can only opt out if you can prove privacy or safety issues. The only people who can access this information are Election officials, provincial and federal MPS or registered political parties.

canada411.ca

I checked Canada wide for addresses and phone numbers using both initials, first name and initial, and complete name. There are only 3 names - two in Ontario but one of them is Canadian, addresses are in Oshawa and Tillsonsburg. The third name under two initials is in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

411.ca/white_pages/bc

Nothing.

Was your relative married ? Did they have children? When did he arrive?

Have you checked familysearch? I was lucky enough once to find a birth and a death that I couldn't find on the BC Archives due to date restrictions.

Off to make a cuppa and try the newspaper again.

bcbrit

Comment

I did obituaries but didn't find him. As you say, perhaps he is in a nursing home or living with family.

The only thing I found of interest is that FMP has Manitoba Death Index 1882 - 2021. I don't have FMP otherwise I would look.

bcbrit

Comment

Thanks bcbrit,

No, I don't know if he ever did marry or if he has any children, his parents are long gone and his two half sisters have also passed. If he had married then there was no mention of a wife in his fathers will, I realise that isn't absolute concrete evidence though.

Yes have checked FS and nothing seems to be there, it was only purely by luck that I discovered his existence [was cross reffing his surname with his mmn and found him not long after his fathers second marriage]

Julie

Comment

Working...
                  X