Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yardley Brickwall

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Jut in case you dont already have it, confirmation of Lilian's birth in the workhouse - right hand side, 5th down

    https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61...08&cat=1134797

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by LStear View Post
      I have yet to find a baptism record for Maud, either in Nottingham or in Bermondsey.

      With regards to the address on Maud's birth certificate, it appears to say 46 Hockley, Nottingham...although it is a bit difficult to read.
      As her birth was after the 1875 act where all births/deaths had to be registered, she may not have been baptised. Many people didn't bother with baptisms if they had officially registered them. [more expense]

      if you have a photo/scan of the birth cert you can post on here or PM me and I'll have a look at transcribing it.
      I know Hockley area quite well... I live in Notts.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

      .......I find dead people

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by teasie View Post
        Jut in case you dont already have it, confirmation of Lilian's birth in the workhouse - right hand side, 5th down

        https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61...08&cat=1134797
        Thank you for finding this. I actually had only ever seen her baptism record, not the confirmation of the birth. By any chance do you know if record such as this exist in Brighton in the 1930's? It's related to a different family member but was just curious.

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by LStear View Post

          With regards to the address on Maud's birth certificate, it appears to say 46 Hockley, Nottingham...although it is a bit difficult to read.
          I'm a bit confused now, if you have the b/cert saying she was born in Hockley Nottm, how can she be the same Maud that is born in the workhouse?

          [and as you have confirmation that she was born in the workhouse, the master or matron of the workhouse would have registered the birth] and be named on her b/cert, so as you have 'your' mauds b/cert and it says she was born in Hockley, this to me says that they are two different people.

          Re records in 1930's, do you mean Worhouse records? if that is the question then they might survive, not all records for all workhouses have survived, I guess its a matter of looking at each individually.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

          .......I find dead people

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by LStear View Post
            My ancestor, Maud Ethel Yardley was born Nov 1887 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire to William Yardley and Emma Smith, according to her birth certificate.
            Originally posted by teasie View Post
            Just in case you don't already have it, confirmation of Lilian's birth in the workhouse - right hand side, 5th down

            https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61...08&cat=1134797
            So, what is 'your' Maud Ethels mothers name? is it Emma as per the b/cert you have in Nottm? or the Maud Lillian Yardley with mothers name of Maud? that teasie found in the workhouse?

            I don't mean to come across as flippant/rude, I'm just trying to get it right in my head who we are actually looking for..
            how did you 'arrive' at Maud Ethel Yardley/Nottm as your relative?? was it via a paper trail of certs/wills etc? or family stories?


            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

            .......I find dead people

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

              So, what is 'your' Maud Ethels mothers name? is it Emma as per the b/cert you have in Nottm? or the Maud Lillian Yardley with mothers name of Maud? that teasie found in the workhouse?

              I don't mean to come across as flippant/rude, I'm just trying to get it right in my head who we are actually looking for..
              how did you 'arrive' at Maud Ethel Yardley/Nottm as your relative?? was it via a paper trail of certs/wills etc? or family stories?

              I was looking but not seeing!!.. Maud Lillian Yardley was born in 1907, and Maud the mother born in 1888 [the workhouse ones.. ] so this could be 'your' Maud Ethel and her daughter Maud Lillian b.1907...

              sorry for the confusion!

              I also have spied, though realise that it probably isn't your Emma [smith] marrying a William Yardley in March Q 1921 in Dudley.

              I think I should go back to bed and start again tomorrow!
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

              .......I find dead people

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

                I was looking but not seeing!!.. Maud Lillian Yardley was born in 1907, and Maud the mother born in 1888 [the workhouse ones.. ] so this could be 'your' Maud Ethel and her daughter Maud Lillian b.1907...

                sorry for the confusion!

                I also have spied, though realise that it probably isn't your Emma [smith] marrying a William Yardley in March Q 1921 in Dudley.

                I think I should go back to bed and start again tomorrow!
                No worries! I too have found it quite confusing working with this Yardley family. You previously mentioned reading the birth certificate, so I thought I'd try and send it to you.
                Regarding the workhouse, we do know for sure it is Maud and her illegitimate daughter Lilian Maud born 1907 as on the baptism of Lilian, Maud's home address is 45 Dartnell Road, the same location as the 1901 census she was in. Maud didn't marry until 1909 to Herbert Payne so we don't know the father of Lilian.

                Comment

                Working...
                X