Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebecca Brown? where did you go...

Hi

I've been looking into the Brown family in my tree, I keep going back to it trying to move on and keep reaching nothingness...

Rebecca Brown was d/of John and Mary Ann [Caunt] Brown born in 1871 Kirkby [in Ashfield] Notts.

1881: https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer...7&pId=17548678

Source Citation
    Class: RG11; Piece: 3323; Folio: 24; Page: 41; GSU roll: 1341792

I can't seem to find her after this, can anyone else spot her please?

There is also some confusion about her actual name.. I can't find a birth ref for her BUT there is a birth ref for ANN BROWN b.1869 MMN CAUNT, and then she doesn't appear anywhere in census after this [1871] [and as sods law, I've just found a possible death for Ann in dec 1871]

1871: https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer...ue&pId=4860071

Source Citation
    The National Archives; Kew, London, England; 1871 England Census; Class: RG10; Piece: 3479; Folio: 25; Page: 43; GSU roll: 839429

I don't really want to be buying certs as this is just a cousin side shoot that I'm trying to tidy up/kill off..

any help would be appreciated, I do have a 'possible' death for her [Rebecca] in sept 1939, I just cant say for def that it is her!.

thank you.

Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

I have also found a birth for her [Rebecca] AMJ 1871 so she was born after the 1871 it would seem [that's why I can't find her on it!] Duh!
    Julie

Comment

There is a Rebecca Brown working for the Heath family in 1891 in Kirkby in Ashfield and a marriage at the same place, St Wilfred Church 1st Dec 1891 to a Charles Butler both docs on find my past but am having difficulty with citations sorry.

census RG12 Piece 2661 folio70 record set26 Schedule 402 is as good as I can get.

The marriage is from Nottingham marriage Index. But I do see 2 Rebecca Browns born within a year of each other in Basford
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
        There is a Rebecca Brown working for the Heath family in 1891 in Kirkby in Ashfield and a marriage at the same place, St Wilfred Church 1st Dec 1891 to a Charles Butler both docs on find my past but am having difficulty with citations sorry.

census RG12 Piece 2661 folio70 record set26 Schedule 402 is as good as I can get.

The marriage is from Nottingham marriage Index. But I do see 2 Rebecca Browns born within a year of each other in Basford
        that's great Mandy thanks.. I do have a potential probate for a Rebecca BUTLER as well. So that may well tie in.
        Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

that's great Mandy thanks.. I do have a potential probate for a Rebecca BUTLER as well. So that may well tie in.
          hmmm the probate gives her address as 60 Vernon rd, Kirkby in Ashfield, widow died 12th Sept 1939. ahh rats.. it was an admin no will..

I'm just going to see if I can spot Charles Butler in census.
          Julie

Comment

Charles Butler dies in 1931 @ 60 Vernon rd, KIA.. so i'd say that the probates I have are them...
            Julie

Comment

Ah, that's good news. If you would like a copy of marriage transcript I can send... no original, sadly no parents listed either.
              Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Ah, that's good news. If you would like a copy of marriage transcript I can send... no original, sadly no parents listed either.
                I have found the marriage on my disc but that also only lists where and when and no fathers unless I can get to look at the PR's but atm the library isn't open in the FH bit where the fiche machine is...
                Julie

Comment

I should have said yes that is her I think, when she marries Charles their surname becomes ripe for mistranscriptions
                  Julie

Comment

Again on FMP 1911. census Vernon Rd Kirkby in Ashfield

Charles age 43 b.Lingham Lincs occ. Scavanger
                    Rebecca 40 Kirkby
                    daughter Maud 19 1892 single dressmaker Kirkby
                    s. Jack 17 1894 Plumber Kirkby
                    s Frank 14 1897 Pit bank colliery above ground Kirkby
                    d. Ethel 12 1899 school Kirkby
                    s. Fred 8 1903 kirkby
                    s. Thomas Charles 3 kirkby
                    d. Florence 0 Kirkby

Sorry re citation brain fog census ref is
                    RG14PN20381 RG78PN1221 RD429 SD1 ED26 SN244
                    if that helps.
                    Bubblebelle x

Comment

Yes census in 1901 mistranscribed. Found on Ancestry this time as Bullen, her birthplace may confirm or otherwise if she is your Rebecca.
                      Source Citation
                      Class: RG13; Piece: 3146; Folio: 97; Page: 11
                      Ancestry.co.uk - 1901 England Census

Bubblebelle x

Comment

Brilliant thank you Mandy, they are the right ones.
                        Julie

Comment

s'funny how no matter how hard you look you can't see them... then all of a sudden you find a barrel load!...

Rebecca had 8 siblings, I've managed to track 3 of them 4 including Rebecca. So still have 4 to go.

Maria 1865-1867
                          Harriet 1867-1887
                          Ann 1869-1871
                          Rebecca 1871-1939

Frank b.1874 Kirkby in Ashfield
                          William b.1876 ditto
                          John b.1879 ditto
                          Florence b. 1881 ditto
                          Clara b. 1885 ditto

I'm always a bit torn, do I keep tracking the siblings in the one family or do I then track each sibling and their spouses/families?
                          Julie

Comment

Hey ozgirl do any of these Browns ring any bells with you?
                            Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                              Hey ozgirl do any of these Browns ring any bells with you?
                              Why have I only just found this?! Sorry Julie none of them are associated with my lot.

Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post

Why have I only just found this?! Sorry Julie none of them are associated with my lot.
                                um not sure? I auto subscribe to any thread/channel I post on so I can get notifications so I don't forget to go back and reply when I have found something!..

thanks for confirming though that you don't associate with this bunch of Browns.
                                Julie

Comment

Working...
                                X