Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friedlander - a bit of a random one!

My parents have been sorting some
    boxes out and came across a book which has their wedding guest list in (they married in 1974). One of the names on the list is Mr & Mrs Friedlander. I recognised the name from a legal document that was sent to my Grandfather (in relation to inheritance of a half brother). On the document is states Jane Friedlander with an address in Andover, Hants.

Has anyone got any tips on where or what to start searching to find out who this person is. My parents can’t remember!

Thank you

Esther

I came across this searching for a Jane Friedlander birth. There is another person born 1988 but I thought that might be a bit late for a child to a couple that were already married by 1974. In case these people are still alive, I have removed forenames. pm me and I will send you them if you don’t have ancestry or FMP to find them by yourself.

name hidden Friedlander
    Oct 1978
    [Nov 1978]
    [Dec 1978]
    Oct-Nov-Dec
    Colchester
    Essex
    name hidden

Using the mms, I found this match;

name hidden Friedlander
    Jan 1968
    [Feb 1968]
    [Mar 1968]
    Jan-Feb-Mar
    Norwich Outer
    Norfolk
    name hidden
    4b

Comment

In case the person mentioned was actually a Mrs Friedlander the only persons who fit are this couple but they don’t appear to have lived further south than Cambridgeshire where they married and Oxfordshire where they both died. The late Mr Friedlander had been a Captain in the 10th Gurkha Rifles and was the only son of Mr and Mrs W Friedlander, Sydney, Australia according to the Andrews Newspaper Index Cards dataset on ancestry.

Jane C(onstance) Pearson
      Jan 1946
      [Feb 1946]
      [Mar 1946]
      Jan-Feb-Mar
      Cambridge
      Cambridgeshire
      John A(nthony) P(eter) Friedlander
      3b

Comment

I’m thinking now it might be the people in my first post as the husband from the marriage entry is on the electoral register 2006-2007 at an address in Andover.

I’m off to bed now. If you need the missing names, please pm me and will send on in the morning.

Comment

There’s also a Mrs Jean Friedlander nee Cohen who died in Andover 1993, probate 1995. Husband seems to be still living as I can’t find a death up to 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
            There’s also a Mrs Jean Friedlander nee Cohen who died in Andover 1993, probate 1995. Husband seems to be still living as I can’t find a death up to 2019.
            could that tie in with the other post about the Glass/Cohen family that Esther has already posted about? {I realise that Cohen is a common ish name, but thought I'd mention it]
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
            X