This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Are we the bees knees or what?

no.4 on the list of best UK genealogy forums! A big pat on the back to all our admins and mods - not forgetting our lovely members as well.

Great! Well done to all the admins and everyone. Although we are sometimes quite quiet on the genealogy side anyone with a question or problem can be sure of quick help from the forums. We must have a total of hundreds of years experience in all sorts of different areas.
    Anne

Comment

That is really good to see - but without the active members there would be little point in having mods and admins.

That is a very recent screenshot too. Nice to see that they mentioned the magazine.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I’d forgotten about the replacement for the WDYTYA forum where I’d been a member for years. I discover I had joined the new one but haven’t contributed - my post count is a big fat 0.

Now mowdie-ing off to find out if I ever joined Talking Scot or not…
        EDIT I had… joined Feb 2008. Total posts - another 0.

Comment

coo that is exciting - well done everyone
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Ooh, that's great. Well done everybody. Thank you to admin and the sleuths who help out with family history queries - I've certainly had lots of help in the past when I've needed it.
            Jenny

Comment

Great news...pat on the back to one and all.
              herky
              Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

ooh I'm famous

Comment

Congratulations FTF
                  I’ve not visited for quite some time and this is wonderful news to be greeted with 👍🏼😃😁

The site has certainly changed a lot and is looking great.
                  Love the new format.

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I am so proud of you, our members, for making this happen... As Caroline said above, without you there would be no FTF.

https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

WOW WOW WOW.... what a fantastic attribute!

Thank you to ALL of our members and team for all of the hard work.

I am stoked!
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Last edited by Astro Lady; 01-09-22, 08:34.

Comment

Well done. A big thanks to admin and all the people who have helped with my research

Also a big thank you for our chat threads since the start of covid. Some days when I was fed up it was the only chance I had of smiling at some of the things you had done and cheered me up.
                          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Well done everybody.

Such a kind, knowledgeable community. You should be proud of yourselves.

Thank you.
                            Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

We have had a bit of a hiccup with registering new members, but that has been fixed by Grimsqueaker and hopefully we will get an influx of people investigating us now they have got their codes.
                              Caroline
                              Caroline's Family History Pages
                              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

What a great accolade for such a warm and welcoming community, well done everyone
                                My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                                  no.4 on the list of best UK genealogy forums! A big pat on the back to all our admins and mods - not forgetting our lovely members as well.
                                  What !
                                  Who knew there were other genealogy forums ?
                                  Yorkshire names: Brown, Weighell, Hudson, Hartley, Womersley, Laycock, Maude, Atkinson, Whittaker, Hammond, Hutton, Brook, Murgatroyd, Wright, Topham
                                  Warwickshire name: Hart
                                  German names: Peltz, Eichborn

Comment

What great news to wake up to - well deserved too.

Comment

well I have never heard of number 3. lol
                                      I didnt realise we have so many members as it always seems to be the same people posting which is nice and homely
                                      and I had forgotten about the magazine we used to have

Well done everybody involved

Comment

I have not been on here for a long time but hearty congratulations to all for alll the hard work. It is always the site that I reccomend to my own Family History group. Well done

Comment

Working...
                                        X