William Thomas Edward Nichols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Thomas Edward Nichols

I have a distant dna match and ancestry is saying that William Thomas Edward Nichols b 1858 Kent is the son of William Freeman/Fryman, my 3rd great grandfather, if its true then it explains the connection But I fail to see anything that connects him. He is on 1861 census as a nephew to William Ashby and Fanny just a few doors away from the Freeman family.
    1871 he is with his mother Catherine Nichols aged 53 unmarried. So am guessing he must be illegitimate. When he married on 1885 he puts father as William Nichols.
    So I am really after a baptism or a bastardy order or something along those lines to prove the connection. findmypast is better for kent as I cant seem to find what I need on ancestry. Unless he is mentioned in the will of William Freeman.
    Anybody able to find anything please?

Didn’t find a baptism on FMP, only the GRO birth entry.

Comment

FMP has only got Bastardy cases from Warwickshire and Lincolnshire.

Comment

Ok thank you. I just got a rather decent reply from the match which I wasnt expecting. She says she has worked it out from her other matches with the Freeman family so I suppose its logical. Apparently he always said his father was William.

Comment

Working...
        X