Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose Cohen

Hi all,

I am looking for a Rose Cohen who I believe was born in October 1922 in London to a Mark and Annie Cohen. The only other information I have about her was that she married someone with the surname Glass. Her siblings were Hilida and Michael.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Esther

Possible marriage in Hendon reg dist in 1949. Groom's first name Daniel.

Could this have been your couple?
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Death of a Rose Glass (b 1922) in Barnet in 2003.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Thank you Janet, this looks right. Should I be able to find Rose on a census? I am looking to see if she had children.

Thank you for your help

Esther

Comment

I can see that she was at 27 Woodside N12 in 63 and 64, reg of electors. You can search by maiden name in various places.

I can find 1 born in Stepney and 2 in Stoke Newington, I can't post names as they could be still alive. Not sure I fancy either area, as still in Hendon area in the 60s

I think Annies maiden name is Barron, can see a Michael and Hilda. (Baron for Hilda on FMP)
          Last edited by cbcarolyn; 29-07-21, 19:57.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

on ancestry there is a tree that includes her. it has the father marrying 3 times
            https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tr...65382494/facts

Rachel Harris M1904 d1912 4 children
            Esther HOROWITZ M1928 1 Child (widow)
            Annie she has d1926

she has him twice in the 1911 census so something not quite right, I not checked through any of the records, not sure if you had any of these details, she has no further details about Rose though.
            Last edited by cbcarolyn; 30-07-21, 14:24.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by EstherLesley View Post
              Thank you Janet, this looks right. Should I be able to find Rose on a census? I am looking to see if she had children.

Thank you for your help

Esther
              No, Rose won't feature on a census - the last one to be released was 1911, with the release of 1921 due early next year. However as the census was taken in June 1921, Rose would not have been recorded. If her sister Hilda was older than Rose, then she may feature in the census. Best you can hope for is Rose having been recorded in the 1939 national register - she would have been 16/17 years old, but I suspect Cohen could have been a surname open to mis-recording/spelling variations etc.
              Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                I can see that she was at 27 Woodside N12 in 63 and 64, reg of electors. You can search by maiden name in various places.

I can find 1 born in Stepney and 2 in Stoke Newington, I can't post names as they could be still alive. Not sure I fancy either area, as still in Hendon area in the 60s

I think Annies maiden name is Barron, can see a Michael and Hilda. (Baron for Hilda on FMP)
                I found the same as Carolyn - 3 possible Glass children mmn Cohen, post the 1949 marriage ref posted above. A son born 1951 Stoke Newington, a daughter 1954 Stoke Newington and a son 1958 Stepney.

Do you have any other definite info on Rose, apart from what you posted in your opening post?

Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply to you all. The details regarding Rachel Harris, Esther Horowitz, Annie Barron, Hilda Cohen and Michael Cohen are all correct.

I would to find anything out about Rose and if she has family alive now. It would be so nice to see a photo of her.

Esther

Comment

You know all about her siblings? and none of their children are able to help. I wonder if she didn't have any children.

You could get copies of the birth certs of the 3 children mentioned to see if they are their children.

I am guessing in the 1939 register that the children are still redacted, living in Curtain Road Mark and Esther.

Do you have access to Ancestry do you know the owner of the tree mentioned?
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

Yes I know about her siblings. Michael was my Grandfather who has passed away. He moved away from London during the war, I once met a half Brother and his Sister Hilda but they have also passed away. I would very much like to find living relatives who I am sure will be able to share lots of information.

I do pay for an Ancestry member ship and have already been in contact with the tree shared. Unfortunately he is not directly related to that side of his family and was unable to share anything else with me.

Comment

the death cert will give you the name of the informant, and could be a relative

I can see that they were in Poplar at one time on reg of electors, I would get the 3 certs of the possible children.
                        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 18-08-21, 22:00.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

...have just found one of them on the reg of electors and not with Rose and Daniel, but doesn't seem to be the child of the glass names there either.
                          https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...05_1513-00051?

interesting they are also in Finchley area 18 squires court
                          Last edited by cbcarolyn; 18-08-21, 23:30.
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Comment

looking around if the 3 children are theirs with the birth certs you will get the middle names too, and armed with those you will have more of a chance of tracing them. If you want to PM me with the details happy to have a search around the papers etc.
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

Hi Carolyn,

What further info would you need?

Thank you

Esther

Comment

Originally posted by EstherLesley View Post
                                Hi Carolyn,

What further info would you need?

Thank you

Esther
                                their middle names and any info on the death cert of the informant.
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                X