Therese Valentine Penet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Therese Valentine Penet

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone has any information on Therese Valentine Penet who was born in 1769 and married to Jean Lea. I’m especially interested to know if you have information on when or how she died. She lived in Paris right during the French Revolution. What must her life have been like with all of this chaos going on around her? Anything you have on her or her ancestry would be appreciated and very fascinating to me, her history buff great great great granddaughter! Thanks 🙏

I’m afraid I don’t know anything that would help directly but have you had a look at a rather long thread on here about Fabius Lea? It was sometime last year I think. There were French connections in that family. There might be a connection to Jean Lea. If I remember correctly there are some comprehensive ancestry trees involving Fabius Lea.

Comment

In 1871, during the franco-prussian war, a renegade group called "the commune" took control of paris, which was itself surrounded by the prussian army. They were anti monarchy, and targeted many monuments, setting them on fire. Among them were the tuileries palace and the national library. The latter being important because it held all the parish registers of paris, and the parisian civil registration.

after the war, the government tried to reconstitute the destroyed records by asking families to copy their private records and submit them.

it is very unlikely you will find any records of your family once they moved to paris, but i do recall some sparse mention of this family. Your best bet is notary records which may include estate paperwork, contracts etc.

it's worth signing up with filae and geneanet for french research. Filae has parisian records, including the reconstituted registers. They also have the 18th century parish records for the area your ancestors were from, mentioned in that other thread. Also worth getting in contact with the lady who started the original thread, as she did more research than what was posted about.
      ​​

Comment

I went looking for the Fabius Lea thread to add a link but I can’t find it. Have we lost a chunk of stuff in the recent rebuild?

Comment

I will report it, I am guessing it's the search and not the data, as thread is here:
          I have found Fabius Lea in 1841 Liverpool. He is a professor of languages He is with his wife Mary and several children. One of these children is called Fabius Donbavand Lea born 31st August 1831. I found a marriage for Fabius and Mary Young 11 July 1822 Liverpool .Today I have come across (on Family Search)that Fabius Lea on 9

MellyMoo has posted on there recently
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Oh thank God the thread is not gone! That thread is amazing 🤩

Comment

It must be the search right enough. I still don’t get a result but the link works fine. Both times using Edge Chrome and iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                It must be the search right enough. I still don’t get a result but the link works fine. Both times using Edge Chrome and iPhone.
                all sorted now, indexes were being rebuilt.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
                X