help reading headstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help reading headstone

image_21642.jpg would anyone be able to help reading this headstone. I can, using some filters read about 20% and would like to clear up the rest
    avatar is my paternal grandmother Hazel May Sheridan (Coles /// Callaghan)
    researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

did you take the photo? I wonder if the are any better photos out there have you tried searching?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Could contact the cemetery and ask for details of all those in the grave?

Comment

This is where the photo is from
        James Michael Flyn was buried at the same plot as Mary May Flynn and William Edward Flynn.

as it is only 1996 I assume it is just a poor photo, worth pressing the request a photo, or like Kyle says contacting the cemetery
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Carolyn
          the link you gave has in the description and tells me who is the headstone is for and it solves 3 questions i had
          Thanks for the assistance
          Brian
          researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

Comment

I think the stone reads.........
            In Loving Memory
            Of
            Our Dear Parents.
            William E Flynn
            Late 1st ..............( ANZAC)
            Died .. ...... 1966 Aged 80 years.
            Mary May Flynn.
            Died 2 ... 1969 Aged 79 years.
            James Michael Flynn
            Died 18. 4. 1996
            R.I.P.

The cemetery records show that 3 people were buried in the same plot. William Edward Flynn on 23/8/1966 aged 80 yrs. Mary May Flynn on 25/2/1969 aged 79 yrs,
            and James Michael Flynn on 23/4/1996 aged 65 yrs. Date of death 18/4/1996.
            Rgds Matt
            My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

Thank you Matt
              That clears everythig up
              Brian

Comment

outcome

in loving memory
                of
                our dear parents
                William E Flynn
                late 1st pioneer Battalion ANZAC
                died 19-8-1966 aged 80
                Mary Ann Flynn
                died ??-2-1969 aged 78
                James Michael Flynn
                died 18-4-1996
                R I P

I will know date of Mary death when i get get death cert
                Thanks every one for your assistance

Comment

Working...
                X