Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 electoral roll help

hi,
    i'm having great trouble finding 3 people on the 1959 electoral roll. would anyone be able to help me please? All 3 people are now dead. All 3 were living in Ely cambridgeshire in 1958 as have them - doreen was with reginald, stanley was on his own. (they were 2 streets apart). full names below

stanley archibald powell
    doreen cecilia thompson/booker/bland/haylock/powell (went under all names but was haylock in 1958)
    reginald edward haylock

Doreen apparently left reginald in 1957 and moved to peterborough with stanley, (but electoral roll lists doreen & reginald in 1958 together in ely). Doreen and stanley had a daughter together in 1959 in peterborough.

thanks
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

the electoral roll is always 'out of date' compiled/published once a year, now it is October, not sure if it was always then.

here he is:

NAME: Reginald Edward Haylock
    EVENT TYPE: Residence
    RESIDENCE YEAR: 1959
    STREET ADDRESS: 289; High Barns
    RESIDENCE PLACE: Cambridgeshire, England
    PARLIAMENTARY DIVISION: Isle of Ely County
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 23-06-21, 17:35.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

thank you. 1 found 2 to go

Comment

I think Peterborough was part of Northamptonshire in 1959
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Can I ask where you're finding such recent electoral rolls? Are they online somewhere?

Comment

Ancestry has quite a lot, you can see them by checking the card catalogue

FMP has some older ones

Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

Thanks, I knew about the FMP ones, and I knew there were some recent Birmingham and London ones on Ancestry, but I hadn't found anything else.

Off to have a look at the link.

Comment

there are a lot of gaps, so not sure if Peterborough are anywhere as Northants don't seem to have any other than in their archive.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

thank you for looking and trying to locate them.

as above i had found them in 1958 but couldnt find a record on ancestry for 59.

Comment

Working...
                  X