Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO Times

Hi Everybody,

Has anyone placed an order with GRO recently? I am wondering how long I may have to wait.

Thank you,

bcbrit
    George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Last week or the week before I ordered a birth and a death and it took about a week... hard to tell because there was a weekend in there. they say four days for a PDF and it was about 4 working days.
    I also ordered a marriage certificate and that comes by post. I suspect to wait FOREVER.... at least it will seems like that.

I am assuming GRO is the place in England to order births and deaths certs.
    Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Thank you Nelda,

I have a friend who wants to find out deaths of her ancestors going back two generations - it is to do with medical
      issues. I will let her know.

Thank you again,

bcbrit
      George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

I find it's about a week or less for pdf's. Ordering marriages, it takes two weeks. One to get around to the order, one to arrive in australia.

Comment

I ordered a death PDF on Friday and it is available today, so 4 working days.
          Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I have let my friend know, and she is trying to narrow down the number of certs that she thinks may be of use.

bcbrit

Comment

Working...
            X