Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electoral rolls

Hi all from Australia

I would like to know what UK electoral rolls from the 1940's/50's /60's might be available online, free or pay to view. I have a worldwide ancestry subscription, but would just like to know what other sources might be out there.

Many thanks

I can't see any on FInd My Past for the period you need, (though have found myself in 2002!)

Comment

Ancestry has Bedfordshire electoral rolls for those dates. I use them quite often. FMP has some more recent ones for Yorkshire. You'd need to investigate their coverage though as I don't think it is country wide.
      Anne

Comment

Thank you both, will go take a look.

Comment

it varies district/county by county. I don't think there were any during the ww2.

you can check the card catalogue on ancestry

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/co...ate=dt_dec1950

I am assuming that the rolls were compiled by the county during that time, until 1974, and then they were done by the district, as I know the district have done them since the 70s when I started work in local govt. Not checked this fact though.

FMP only pre war, apart from Devon

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/search/...by=subcategory
          Last edited by cbcarolyn; 19-06-21, 08:06.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thank you for this, very helpful

Comment

On Ancestry in the London Metropolitan Archives are Electoral Registers for London 1832- 1965 though none for the war years
              Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                X