Nah - I'm stumped.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nah - I'm stumped.

Trying again to chip away at a brick wall, I googled the name of my 4x GGM - the three entries that came up all refer to her, but for the life of me, I cannot work out the 2 hints for related searches

google.png

Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Hi, not too sure what you are looking for but the marriage took place at Sandiacre presumably St Giles on 17 Oct 1777. Obviously the vicar has spelt his name wrong and he has signed it correctly The next couple on the list are James Dawson and Ann Cockin.

Not quite sure what 2 hints you are looking for. Actually driven by the church this morning.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Sorry didn't think it had posted. !!! Just looked on freereg and is St Giles.
      Lin

Comment

Thanks Lin, I do have all the details on the marriage - it was just that Google thought that George McFly and Marty McFly were searches that would relate to her - unless it is a hint that I should try time travel! (Finding her parents would be wonderful)
        Linda

Comment

You do realise Sandiacre is bordering on Nottinghamshire, might be worth looking there. Not sure how well you know the area.
          Lin

Comment

I've looked everywhere - there are very few instances of the name Larranes, and most of them are for her. I've a feeling that it has been completely misspelled on the marriage entry, but have no idea what it could be. I have tried various versions of the name Lawrence but nothing has seemed likely.
            Linda

Comment

I don't get the related searches when I do it, wonder if google is being clever and putting together something based on your previous searches.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

As someone who has discovered one of my surnames recorded with 37 different variations I can only suggest you start trying her surname using a different letter at the beginning.

Eg. Sarranes - Farranes - Tarranes etc.

....and also imagining that the two letter r's could be misread as an m - so Lamanes etc etc.

Good luck....

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                  Sorry didn't think it had posted. !!! Just looked on freereg and is St Giles.
                  deleted duplicate x
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie,

Been looking without much success. The only thing I have found is a son and daughter born 1788 and 1791.

There is a marriage in Sandiacre for a Martha Raynor to Richard Salmon 1795. Just trying to find her death to see if it said what her age was.

Looked at all the Marthas born locally between 1750 -1760. Nothing popped out.
                    Lin

Comment

Thanks for looking Lin. John Raynor died in and Martha then married Richard Salmon. They had a daughter, Hannah in 1798 in Sandiacre (I cannot find her after this), Richard died in Ilkeston in 1817 and Martha also in Ilkeston in 1826 at the age of 74, giving her a possible birth date of 1752. John and Martha had 2 daughters baptised in 1781 (I'm not sure that they were twins).. and a son in 1791, all in Sandiacre. They also had a daughter baptised in 1784 in Stanton-by-Dale.
                      Linda

Comment

Working...
                      X