No announcement yet.

My Colourful Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a go again. As you can see, my Granny's family follow a common pattern, apart from one anomaly.

On my Grandads side is the 4xG. Grandparents, I don't know where one was born but he spent his time in Glasgow, so how did he meet his wife from Kent.

Ancestry tree's suggest he himself hails from Kent but this cannot be confirmed by wider research. PARENT.odt

Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
      OK, how's this for keeping to one place? It starts with me. I didn't really realise that it was quite unusual until recently. I look on myself as Yorkshire because that's where I was born. Dad was Bedfordshire through and through but did live in Yorkshire for much of his life!

Colourful Ancestors for Anne.JPG
      If my mum and dad had gone to Australia in the 1950's I would have been born there.. as would my siblings.. that would have been some migration from the Midlands!
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Here we go then, finally figured out what to do! The ? ? for a county is where there is a fair bit of evidence to support it, I just haven't found 100% proof. The blank ones are where there's little or no evidence at all (so far) of place of origin although I do actually know the names of most of those 4x Gt. Grandparents in both charts from later documents for their descendants.

The chart for my mother could not have been possible before DNA testing. I've only known since 2017. Fortunately her birth father's family were well established and traceable on the male line for 7 generations back from her birth father so 9 generations back from me!! The family has a thing for emigrating to Canada in most generations including the current one. Others chose New Zealand and South Africa.
        There's a good few of my father's ancestors who emigrated too - Grandad had a brother and a sister who went to Western Australia and my 3xGGF's brother Joseph (remember him?? LOL) who seems to have gone to USA but disappears. My direct lines though have all stayed put.

Colourful Ancestry Chart - Mother.JPG

Colourful Ancestry Chart - Father.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
          I had a go again. As you can see, my Granny's family follow a common pattern, apart from one anomaly.

On my Grandads side is the 4xG. Grandparents, I don't know where one was born but he spent his time in Glasgow, so how did he meet his wife from Kent.

Ancestry tree's suggest he himself hails from Kent but this cannot be confirmed by wider research. [ATTACH]n1326283[/ATTACH]
          Why not start another thread for your Glasgow mystery and I'll see if I can help?

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post

Why not start another thread for your Glasgow mystery and I'll see if I can help?
            Thanks Galloway Lass, but I think it is a trip to Kent I require in order to unravel whether he does in fact hail from Kent or not. He had a tobacconist business in Kings Street Glasgow, and he may or may not have been in partnership in a Tea importers in Edinburgh.

I have written a blog about him, which will explain why I am unsure of the Kent connection, but it would explain the marriage.

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 15. Brick Wall (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)

Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Working...
            X