No announcement yet.

ordering a pdf certificate online - Louisa Bowman born 1882

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nelde, not 100% sure on this one. George L Knowles in 1939 in Stoke Park Colony, Bristol. Looks like an institution. Birth 10 Feb 1909. You will know by that date if it is him. Single and incapacitated.

If it is him, he dies in 1953 Bristol.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Another one I'm not 100% sure about. William Sydney Knowles born 1915. Died 1990 in Plymouth birth date 20 may 1915. Too many William S Knowles to find a marriage.
      Lin

Comment

Thank you Lin for all your searchings. They help to fill in this line. William Sydney Knowles did not leave a will. Down the road I will look into Winifred Muriel. To think that OH had a cousin in the same country is something, Gladys left a granddaughter. George Leslie was in a institution for mentally defected children.. BUt but but.. he is 30 years old and a patient. I am tempted to get his death cert to see if it records anything more than the immediate cause of death.
        I have written the names in full because maybe just maybe Gladys' grand daughter (or maybe William had grandchildren??) will one day do a search on the internet and find this thread. I posted a thread about my great aunt and another on OH's mysterious great uncle and a few years later their descendents got in contact with me.:-)
        Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Nelde, off subject but I posted on here years ago about the bad transcription of OH Grandad on 1911. A few years later Peterborough Museum contacted me. They were researching soldiers who had passed through the station and sing the book in the Red Cross Cafe or van there.

Not sure who George was in Bristol though.
          Lin

Comment

Yes... that is something that new members should be aware of. The mighty search engines do find the names we post and connect us. Now I just have to live long enough for William's and Gladys' descendants to get curious about their roots.
            We did get curious about what happened to Louie Elizabeth after her divorce. i found a Louie Elizabeth Knowles marrying in 1920 and traced her to her death and probate in 1962 BUT she was 10 years to young. Turns out that Louie was a popular girl name in the 1890s. Maybe Louisa Elizabeth changed her name after the 1901 census because she was married as Louie (and we know that is correct because of the correct father) and she is referred to as Louie in the divorce papers. So Enough on this line. We will let it sit and percolate for a few years and then see what comes to the surface. Thank you again to everyone who helped.
            Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

My great aunt was Louisa but always known as Louie.. just a pet name really, some people I know call Louisa, Lou.. I'm sure we've all done it! me included!
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
              X