"The Weald" Sussex website to close June 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Weald" Sussex website to close June 2021

Last chance to see this wonderful site and its many resources over the next few days, sadly the site creator is ill and will be closing the site later this month.

It has been a huge asset to my research in relation to my husband's Sussex ancestors and I'm very grateful to the owner.

Database of historical and genealogical records maps books census data and images for the Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex prior to WWII

I haven't come across anyone on the site as my lot are further west, but I've often had a look at it with admiration.

Such a shame they are ill - I wonder if anyone will come forward to take it on when they hear it is closing, if he wants them to of course? SFHG could add the resources for example?

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Sorry to hear this - I used the site extensively when researching my husbands' Kent ancestors. It is an incredible site and has so much information , it will really be a shame for it to just disappear
      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

If it does disappear, don't forget you will be able to access some of the pages on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine. It just depends on the way this website has been constructed as to how many pages will be available on the archive view.
        Phil
        historyhouse.co.uk
        Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post

Such a shame they are ill - I wonder if anyone will come forward to take it on when they hear it is closing, if he wants them to of course? SFHG could add the resources for example?
          The same has been suggested on the SFHG facebook page.

Comment

The message on the website has changed at little:

"Site update: Due to the illness of the creator and maintainer of this site he is no longer able to support it. Alternative options to continue hosting and supporting the site are currently being evaluated. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the site over the last twenty years"

Comment

Working...
            X