UK Air Force records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Air Force records

Looking for information on 2 family members who served in the Air Force during WW2. I have a sub for Ancestry but very little UK records. The site that comes up after using Google is Forces War Records, has anyone used this site? Worth the money?

No useful contribution re Forces War Records. When researching a new topic it's always useful to look at the research guide on The National Archives for where to look.
    1. Why use this guide? Use this guide for advice on how to find records of airmen and officers of the Royal Air Force (RAF). These are predominantly records of service prior to 1939. RAF service records created since the beginning of the Second World War remain in the custody of the Ministry of Defence […]

Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Agreed about Forces War Records - don't bother with them. Unless you know the Squadrons they served with, with dates, you'll need to apply for their service records, as they haven't been released yet. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-...vice-personnel
      The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
      Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Ancestry just announced a few days ago that they now own Forces War Records but said nothing about how they intend to incorporate the data into their own offering. We have a sneaking suspicion it will end up behind a paywall just like they ended up doing with fold3.

Comment

Working...
        X