Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders

This is a long shot. The photo below is of Scottish Rifles - Cameronians in WW1. One of the men is private John Lusk b.09/01/1895 and died in Dumbarton 28/11/1918. He is on the local war memorial. Is there anyway I can get names of soldiers in photograph to identify John? He is in the photo as it comes from his family who are now dead.77199444-C8BE-4AA3-A565-F8D006E47491.jpeg
    Last edited by BEARGER; 29-05-21, 12:21. Reason: Wrong regiment.

Sorry about the double post, can admin delete? Just found out something about this John Lusk, he enlisted on 25/03/1915 and was discharged the following day as “not being likely to be a efficient soldier”. Yet he is on the local war memorial!

Comment

Perhaps he changed direction and joined The Red Cross as an ambulance driver or stretcher bearer etc. or maybe joined the Fire Service, became an Air Raid Warden or anything like that where he could have died as a result of enemy action yet not been an enlisted serviceman?

A lot of ifs, I know but it’s worth thinking out of the box if you don’t turn him up having re-enlisted later on in another regiment.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
        Perhaps he changed direction and joined The Red Cross as an ambulance driver or stretcher bearer etc. or maybe joined the Fire Service, became an Air Raid Warden or anything like that where he could have died as a result if enemy action yet not been an enlisted serviceman?

A lot if ifs, I know but it’s worth thinking out of the box if you don’t turn him up having re-enlisted later on in another regiment.
        I asked about this guy a wee while back on here. I think you may be correct that he enlisted in the A&SH later on, it’s says so on his death certificate! Sure it must be the same person, same street, same occupation, same fathers name. Could be the military were desperate by then so accepted him this time. Going to spend tonight sorting it out, hopefully. Thanks.

Comment

Have now discovered that he also served with the Suffolks, certainly gets around!

Comment

Bearger

Did you see card on Ancestry with two other nos 278474 306324 one possibly for RE

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
              Bearger

Did you see card on Ancestry with two other nos 278474 306324 one possibly for RE

Vera
              Thanks have now. It’s the same guy, 2 days in Scottish Rifles then Suffolk’s and Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders.

Comment

Working...
              X