Trying to trace Lily Augusta Harris, b.Oxford St. Clement, 1874

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

if you post a few more addresses I can have a wander through the papers, might find another snippet. There are so many children, and sadly so many deaths. Smallpox seems to have been on and off in the area and Bell lane mentioned.
    My cousin sent me a list of addresses a while ago but I'm blowed if I can find it now,
    From memory there was also Union Street, Union square, Openshaws Yard on Cecil Street and yes Taylor Street is right.

If you do look at the papers you will find Isaac Thomas Graham in 1913 in Birkenhead charged with bigamy. We have loads of gen. on this but I can find nothing about the death of William Bridgman Graham around May 1930, most probably in Bury, whose death was reported by the coroner.
    Thank you so much for your hard work. It's very much appreciated.

Cath.

Comment

the Bury times doesn't have a good coverage for the times you need. Maybe it will be updated one day.

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 23.14.52.png

another, similar later date

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 23.11.48.png
      Last edited by cbcarolyn; 25-05-21, 22:16.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Just parking this for info in case anything else can be found.

I noted son of Lillian was William so looked at William Wall/Wale b St Aldates as possible connection to Emily Jane Harris. William Wall married 1868 to Sarah and can be seen through the decades as a College Servant. He dies 1927. His first recorded child with Sarah a girl Lilias/Lilian Louise was b 1874 Oxford.

I recalled that there was an 1881 census for an Emily Harris b 1855 in Oxford, a Cook at Christ College St Aldates, Oxford for the Cannon and Curate
        In 1891 there is an Emily Harris, single, Cook at the Rectory Lower H? Bridge, Kent.
        In 1991 there is an Emily Harris, single, Cook, St Giles Vicarage, Reading.
        1911 Emily Harris, single, living with mother, Martha in Oxford.

An Emily Harris was baptised Oxford St Paul 13 May 1855 mother Martha, father William a College Servant.

No sign of your Lily/Lillian but note that one of Emily's sister belonged to an Order of nuns in Cowley Road, Oxford.

Vera

Comment

Thanks Vera. I'll keep this in mind for future reference.
          Cath.

Comment

the Bury times doesn't have a good coverage for the times you need. Maybe it will be updated one day.

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 23.14.52.png

another, similar later date

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 23.11.48.png
            Thank you so much Carolyn. Was the first clipping you sent also from the Bury Times?

My cousin remarked that in his photos, as an adult, he looks such a mild mannered chap.
            Cath.

Comment

yes, both from bury times, I did find another, similar a few months later, but nothing else spotted.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

yes, both from bury times, I did find another, similar a few months later, but nothing else spotted.
                Thank you so very much.

Still no further with Lilian but this little snippet fleshed out the picture of Thomas jr. a bit more. Wish we could find what happened to him after reaching Canada. We'll dig again later.
                Cath.

Comment

Working...
                X