west australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• west australia

can any one recommend a subscription service in West Australia that is easy to use.
    Brian
    avatar is my paternal grandmother Hazel May Sheridan (Coles /// Callaghan)
    researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

What do you mean by a subscription service?

Comment

NSW and South Australia have companies that will provide a copy of BDM as a transcription not a certificate at a lesser cost that is not usable as a legal document.
      They also allow you to search their records very easily online.
      This is similar to Vic BDM discounted certificates.
      I have tried WA BDM but i have to download forms, fill them in ,supply all sorts of information ,send them back and i find then very time consuming.
      Brian
      researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

Comment

Ah, with you now. I don't think there is a different way for WA BMD's.

QSLD and VIC have the best setup, immediate download for a reasonable price.

all the other states are exorbitantly expensive and mail them to you.

Comment

Last time I compared, South Australia was the most expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by pinefamily View Post
            Last time I compared, South Australia was the most expensive.
            My payments as comparrison
            GRO $13.00 including bank fee easy to search and order PDF avail usually within 7-8 days
            QLD BDM $22.90 so so to search from memory about 14 days PDF
            NSW Family History Transcriptions $19.00 east to research staff helpful about 3-10 days PDF
            VIC BDM $20.00 fairly easy to search about 10-14 days PDF EDIT ABOUT 2 MINUTES AFTER YOU PAY FOR A PDF
            South Australia Genealogy (members) $12.10 very easy to search staff helpful about 7 days PDF
            New Zealand $25.00 so so to search so so to search quoting 8 days for PDF
            West Australia $20.00 not easy to research site says in person or post orders only (I will make a phone call)
            The lack of ease and the post only (for me) factor is why I was asking if there was another avenue for West Australia
            I dont mind paying the fees, and i feel that some of the cheaper sites give better service.
            Brian
            Last edited by 2weis; 09-05-21, 08:45. Reason: MORE INFORMATION

Comment

I have never looked at SA Genealogy's fees; previously I have checked pricing from the BDM department/agency.
              I was a longstanding member of the SAGHS, the predecessor of SA Genealogy, until an incident at their library involving my young daughter. Still wouldn't give them the money.

Comment

Working...
              X