X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sookie23
    replied
    Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    is it any help to you? or presents an even bigger msytery?
    I'm hoping it will be of some help, will get searching them out and hope there will be some answers at the end of it all.

I'm away for the next few weeks so will get looking when I'm back, wont be taking the laptop with me.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

when you hit the quote button it goes orange, then, to double quote.. you hit the other message you want to quote, that will go orange too... if you then look top left corner you will see 'post reply (2)' in a pale pink box [well, its pale pink on my computer] click on that and you will have double quotes in your next reply.
    Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

Sadie is another name/pet name for SARAH
    Thank you Julie

Vera

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    Originally posted by sookie23 View Post
    Sadie could have been a nick name who knows.
    Sadie is another name/pet name for SARAH

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

Don't know how to post a double quote. By Nan do you mean Doris?

Very disappointing for you but early days yet and finding DNA matches quite different from finding records to support known people. Fingers crossed

Vera
    when you hit the quote button it goes orange, then, to double quote.. you hit the other message you want to quote, that will go orange too... if you then look top left corner you will see 'post reply (2)' in a pale pink box [well, its pale pink on my computer] click on that and you will have double quotes in your next reply.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    is it any help to you? or presents an even bigger msytery?

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    I've been sent this from an Ancestry member who's step sister is a match to mark.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Thanks for looking.
    Her sister did work in a solicitors office so some paperwork could have just been done but not legally.

Leave a comment:

• Janet in Yorkshire
    replied
    I've not had much luck with newspapers online post 1950. Bit hit and miss - thinks it's still quite recent; accessing info for living people etc.

Jay

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    will try papers again for that time, you never know

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    I'm sure it would have been around 1959. Reason for that is that's when the daughter's name was changed from Remfry to Carroll.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    nothing stands out immediately - do you suspect a rough time for this?

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    I don't know if there are records anywhere, but I was searching for someone on here and I found an announcement in the papers. I really can't remember if I looked in the papers for Remfry, I think I did for carroll though.

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    a long absence by myself been out the country, but now back home, and picking up the mystery once again.

In the paperwork I have of Doris there is a post office bank book, under her name there is a reference number the surname Remfry is crossed out and Carroll is written in place. Is there anywhere where you can check to see if her name was changed via deed poll etc.

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    I tend to believe Gerald was born in Boston to Elizabeth she was unmarried returned to Ireland to her catholic family and took on the name of Elizabeth Carroll. I'm sure her sisters in Boston would have stuck to her side of the story if ever questioned by her parents. Her only lie being she married Geralds father when in USA. Perhaps his father did die, that's something I've still to look at. At the end of the day it still seems the DNA is leading to Doris side being untrue regarding Gerald being the biological father of her chid. Could look it it differently as he was the father to her as he supported her and her chid.

Leave a comment:

• ozgirl
    replied
    Originally posted by sookie23 View Post
    Looked up the link in Wills and probate and it puts her as a widow, so if that's the right Sarah its not her as Joseph was alive and kicking.

I'm not convinced the Sadie Carroll is the right track. There is no Gerald on the UK birth register that matches his date of birth and believe me I've tried. the only match I've ever seen is the Condon one Vera found.

The address with the Kinsella name is enough for me also to say we are right along with what we have found. We have tracked and traced the families movements.

Elizabeth going as a Carroll until she married isn't news to me Doris did the same went as a Mrs Carroll so did she get the idea from Elizabeth, who knows.
    The Will is for Sarah Carroll who died in August 1932 in Middlesex, not the one in Manchester.

Leave a comment:

• ozgirl
    replied
    Don't know if this has been posted already - public tree on ancestry which gives Sarah Kinsella's birth as 1902 in Roscommon, Ireland.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tr...63338933/facts

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Looked up the link in Wills and probate and it puts her as a widow, so if that's the right Sarah its not her as Joseph was alive and kicking.

I'm not convinced the Sadie Carroll is the right track. There is no Gerald on the UK birth register that matches his date of birth and believe me I've tried. the only match I've ever seen is the Condon one Vera found.

The address with the Kinsella name is enough for me also to say we are right along with what we have found. We have tracked and traced the families movements.

Elizabeth going as a Carroll until she married isn't news to me Doris did the same went as a Mrs Carroll so did she get the idea from Elizabeth, who knows.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    there is a death of a Sarah Carroll in South Manchester 1932 - which is the area that now includes Bucklow

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...4&pId=24982583
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 10-06-21, 22:29.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    I am sure it's was mentioned on here before that Sadie is a nickname for Sarah, google has confirmed that.

There is a Sarah Kinsella, in Liverpool, maybe her
    https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...ce&pId=3341004

will have a look later.

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    I'm hoping to hear directly from the person that said all this but so far they haven't contacted me. When the do that will be my first question.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X