Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vera2013
    replied
    Not too sure about this as b an Elizabeth, then Eliza and this is Lizzie! There is another Lizzie Condon, living in Cork with a sister Hannah and father Patrick.

On Ancestry Massecheusetts Arrival Passengers 1820-1963

23 April 1914 SS Cymnic

Line 17 2 pages

Lizzie Condon aged 17, Servant. Last permanent address Kilfinane

Name and address of relevant person from whence she came:
    Patrick Condon
    Labba------
    Knockanevin
    ?Co Limerick

Destination: W Lynn. Joining sister Hannah Condon at ? Tubber Hospital, W Lynn

Vera

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    Is this the likely census, quite a few more children
    https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...=successSource

edit - don't think it is
    That's the one I thought was a p ossible. Same address as other doc.

Vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Is this the likely census, quite a few more children
    https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...=successSource

edit - don't think it is
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 16-05-21, 22:13.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Originally posted by sookie23 View Post

More sites to look on thank you.
    Sookie

Let me know if you need any links. I tend to use a Kindle but can switch to Windows

Vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied

Many thanks for the link will save that now. Will also try and find the people she went over with. Looking at it would you say that's a Frank Condon under Elizabeth and her two companions.
    I am reading Carolan.

Leave a comment:

• PhotoFamily
    replied
    I've been thinking the same thing.

Strange they recorded his birth without a name. Wonder if she registered him at a later date either in America or Ireland. So would he have been classed as American or Irish?
    If you look at the register, there are 9 births in a row by physician D Donald, with DOBs varying Jan 6-7 and reported Jan 9. In the US, a physician would be held responsible (or the hospital) for reporting the births. And in the early days of Civil Reg in the US, mom may not have thought it was important to update the birth record.

Not sure that a "birth cert" from MA will give you anything more than you already see - you could try to find out before buying, tho I don't know where you would go to find out.

Strong work Vera!

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

The birth cert from Irishgenealogy.ie. You can get to see the actual birth record for free.

The 1901 and 1911 Ireland census is online with free image.

Vera
    More sites to look on thank you.

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    this is the Liverpool to USA, wonder if she was meeting someone there

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...e&pId=34242041
    Many thanks for the link will save that now. Will also try and find the people she went over with. Looking at it would you say that's a Frank Condon under Elizabeth and her two companions.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied

Are these record on Ancestry as I'm trying to find it to add to Elizabeth on my tree.
    The birth cert from Irishgenealogy.ie. You can get to see the actual birth record for free.

The 1901 and 1911 Ireland census is online with free image.

Vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    this is the Liverpool to USA, wonder if she was meeting someone there

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...e&pId=34242041

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
    Just parking this one. Date and month of birth as 1939

Elizabeth Condon b 20 May 1897 Labbamolagga, Mitchelstown, Cork
    Father Patrick - Blacksmith
    Mother Mary Sullivan

On 1901 with family
    1911 disappears.
    Possible sighting 1915 aged 16 Liverpool to NY accompanying children Catherine 10, Ellen 5

Are these record on Ancestry as I'm trying to find it to add to Elizabeth on my tree.

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    No nothing at all just the name Gerald Carroll and deceased.

I will email them on Monday morning as we all know emails go missing over the weekends.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    I'm going to email the Common wealth Massachusetts and enquire about a digital copy of the certificate, there is a form online to fill in and email back but they then call you for payment of $3 think their call to me would cost more than that. There may be more information on the actually certificate.

I'm thinking along the lines, may be the Gerald was married fed her the usual banter, he did die, he done a runner, so many scenario's and she was still young and in a country that she didn't really know.
    Good if you could get cert and who knows what it may reveal. Fingers crossed.

Although birth record looks a bit stark, I don't get the impression Elizabeth was left to fend for herself.

Just 're read thread. Did Gerald give occupation of father Gerald on his mc to Elsie G?

Vera

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    I'm going to email the Common wealth Massachusetts and enquire about a digital copy of the certificate, there is a form online to fill in and email back but they then call you for payment of $3 think their call to me would cost more than that. There may be more information on the actually certificate.

I'm thinking along the lines, may be the Gerald was married fed her the usual banter, he did die, he done a runner, so many scenario's and she was still young and in a country that she didn't really know.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied

Strange they recorded his birth without a name. Wonder if she registered him at a later date either in America or Ireland. So would he have been classed as American or Irish?
    that sometimes does happen. It could be Elizabeth wanted Gerald christened first and maybe some father involvement in the name.

There is a Massacheusett index and birth records available but don't think the actual records are available for 1918. ? Go up to 1900. I think Gerald would be classed as father's nationality and country in which he was born but not sure. Lots of thinks!

What I felt was significant was that Elizabeth appears to have been supported. She gives her address as a Boston hotel and is able to get a lying in bed. I don't think the latter were so readily available. The DNA may reveal something.

Vera
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Mr Carroll maybe the father and maybe he did die (or married), she just never married him, so adopted his name and said they were married.

excellent work, how exciting, I didn't see the travel to USA was it with the mother, the tree is not long in USA then, and has Irish roots.

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61...3A1%3AKBZY-RK3

Looks like him but not named at this point. I wonder if Elizabeth just adopted the name Carroll for re-entry into family

Vera

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    I'm just lost for words. Sending a massive thank you.

Still need to find his record of birth, and a record of a Condon and Carroll. Would be nice to be proved wrong and she did at some point marry a Carroll, or even lived with a Carroll.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    It was lovely to see little Gerald. However a basic search as sceptical about hearsay and up it pops

Wonder if Elizabeth ever married?

Vera

Leave a comment:

Working...
X