Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sookie23
    replied
    Nothing at all. Only that his mum was a Kinsella as she was referred as nan kinsella when being spoken about.

Leave a comment:

• PhotoFamily
    replied
    Do you know Gerald's parents' names? Their places of births? DOBs?

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Hi Many thanks for the replies.

Gerald Carroll 8 Jan 1918
    In 1939 he was married to a Elsie Rogers and living at 166 Canterbury Road Croydon. He was later married to a Mildred Buckmaster in 1946. I've looked on Ancestry, Find my past, freebmd and family search and come up with nothing for a Gerald Carroll with his date of birth.
    I've an address of 39 Burns Road Harlesden for a Mrs Kinsella that was his mum this address was from 1965 and I have records of a Elizabeth Kinsella at this address, so this by rights should be his mum.

His marriage records under father Gerald Carroll (deceased).

My husband was always told his grandparents were Irish/American.

Leave a comment:

• PhotoFamily
    replied
    Was his father (or mother) a UK citizen? He would probably not need to naturalize if his father was a UK citizen. If that is the case, probably the best chance of catching an "immigration" record would be a passenger list from when they moved back to the UK. I don't think all passenger lists survive &/or are online.

Leave a comment:

• PhotoFamily
    replied
    FamilySearch (FS) has a lot of Massachusetts (MA) records, but I don't think they cover the births that you need. You might find a marriage if they married there. Ancestry has a lot of indexed MA records - About Massachusetts, U.S., Birth Index, 1860-1970 - and in my experience, MA records, especially in the Boston area, are fairly reliable for reporting by the time your ancestor was born.

Leave a comment:

• PhotoFamily
    replied
    If you'd like us to search directly for them, you may post the name(s) of deceased individuals. If you'd like more privacy (even tho they are deceased) you can ask a mod to move this thread to "sensitive research" - still open for members to read, still no posting of living person's info, but not available to web searching.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    which sites are you using to look?

Leave a comment:

• kylejustin
    replied
    If they were american, they should be on the 1920 or 1930 census, prior to the 1939 register.

unless they emmigrated prior to 1920?

can you post details of the family? What does it say for father's name and occupation on the marriage record? What was his mother's name? What do you know of the parents' records?

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    He was born in 1918 and the only record of him living anywhere is on the 1939 census.

Leave a comment:

• pinefamily
    replied
    Welcome to the forum.
    Does his coming to England fall in between the current census years? Or 1939 register?

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    started a topic Where next to look.

Where next to look.

Hi

I've been trying without success to find my husbands grandfather. I've found both records of his marriage and his death but no record of his birth. I was told possibly born in Boston USA and he and his mother came to England after his father died. I've looked through immigration records with no success. I've even just put in his first name and date of birth and nothing.

If anyone has any idea what I can do next I would be really grateful.

Working...
X