Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sookie23
    replied
    Many many thanks. Will search for the wills.

I have an Elizabeth M Kinsella. I'm sure she married John Kinsella in 1937 lived at 18 Talbot Road Neasden until his death in 1945, then she appears at Burns Road until her death in 1966.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Could have parted. Or maybe Elizabeth benefitted from John's Will. ? No electral rolls during War years. Elizabeth was a Carroll at time of marriage to John Kinsella. She remained Kinsella until her death in 1966.

Vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
    Correction Probate was granted to dau Catherine Ann Marsh wife of Henry Marsh.

John Kinsella address at 2 Minet Gardens Harlesden at time of death

Vera
    so already parted ways from Elizabeth maybe, would explain why she used Carroll name

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied

Correction Probate was granted to dau Catherine Ann Marsh wife of Henry Marsh.

John Kinsella address at 2 Minet Gardens Harlesden at time of death

Vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
    Something for the back burner for when you get your certs thru. I have been looking at Goodwick, Pembrokeshire, Wales where John Kinsella lived prior to appearing in Willesden. He was b Wexford. His Will is in favour of his dau Catherine b Herefordwest reg. I can see also an Elizabeth A Carroll marrying and living Pembrokeshire to a chap called Lewis T Williams. He dies 1934. Not seeing Elizabeth A in the area after 1935.

Vera
    ooh good work, did he have a son John too? that would tie up to reg of elector? maybe for £1.50 worth getting his will?

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Something for the back burner for when you get your certs thru. I have been looking at Goodwick, Pembrokeshire, Wales where John Kinsella lived prior to appearing in Willesden. He was b Wexford. His Will is in favour of his dau Catherine b Herefordwest reg.

I can see also an Elizabeth A Carroll marrying and living Pembrokeshire to a chap called Lewis T Williams. He dies 1934. Not seeing Elizabeth A in the area after 1935.
    EDIT Elizabeth Carroll Williams dies 1937. Buried with William in Pembrokeshire

Vera

Leave a comment:

• kylejustin
    replied
    An administration means there was no valid will found at the time, so obtaining the admin will just usually be the person granted probate. Can be next of kin or a lawyer for example.

though that doesn't mean a will won't be found later, i have an example of that. The probate process had to happen all over again.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/ for wills, you need to select the right year band in tab at top. they are £1.50.

If they say administration then there is no will (sorry I don't know technical terms - someone will correct me hopefully), just a form on who is sorting out the probate. But if you have nothing it may give you something.

I can't remember if there was one now.

Leave a comment:

• GallowayLass
    replied
    Nope. Probate Service. Official government site. Don’t go with 3rd party ones.

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Do I order the will from the GRO?

Will get them all ordered. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    also it may be worth getting his second marriage cert - see if he puts same fathers name, and also Elizabeths death cert.

She didn't seem to have a will it was just admin, for £1.50 that might be worth getting it could have another address/person on there.

Leave a comment:

• kylejustin
    replied
    I think you need to get the marriage certificate of elizabeth. It will give you her father's name, then you can look in america and ireland for a marriage of her to gerald.

might increase your chances of finding more information.
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    I think I'm going to have to leave him for a while. I've tried the addresses and nothing and there is nothing more dishearten/annoying/frustrating than hitting dead ends continually.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    his beginning certainly sounds elusive. Maybe the next census will provide some answers, now less than a year away hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Will look at them links now. Had a day off from it all as feel like I'm bashing my head against a brick wall. I've a feeling its going to be a very long search to find Gerald.

My husband does have a copy of the dispatches his nan did give them to him, I've never seen them though.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    There is also the military records if you don't already have them. Charges apply and they can take a long time.

I note that the Croydon memorial has Gerald as belonging to RAMC which I believe to be an error.. Have you seen that Memorial. Centre of Croydon next to Town Hall.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...=successSource

Page 8
    https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/...36456/data.pdf

Its amazing what comes out of a rummage. It's often said on here you only need one snippet as Carolyn will testify to one of her newspaper finds.

Vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    that was worth a rummage. You can try also searching Ancestry and FMP (in keywords - not that reliable - but always worth a try) and newspapers for the addresses, you might find phone book entry/reg of elector or anything really. Another family member might suddenly pop up with them that you never knew existed.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Check out HM Land Registry. The Gov.UK site.

Vera

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Well I've found 3 addresses now for Gerald Carroll these are on the vehicle registrations and a bank book.

Is there anyway to check old records on who owned a property. I've also come across solicitor letters dated back to 1957 for a purchase of a house. Plus a letter to my husbands nan from the same solicitors in 1963 after Gerald deaths for them to defend her against the claim for possession.

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    That' brilliant. I love looking at old photos and reading about people lives.

Off to look at them vehicle registrations.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X