Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Archives - Kew

Morning peeps.

Someone is trying to tell me that if you visit Kew and want to do some photocopying, there's no charge for the copying. Can this be true? Even at our little local library it's 20p/page!

Thanks
    STG

Edited to say : I'm not talking about their research service or requesting them to provide copies of documents, I'm talking about standing by the photocopier and doing it yourself.
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

It's years since I've been there so someone will be able to help on that, but I see from this press release that self-photocopying is no longer permitted.
    https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...december-2017/
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Originally posted by keldon View Post
      It's years since I've been there so someone will be able to help on that, but I see from this press release that self-photocopying is no longer permitted.
      https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...december-2017/
      Oh, that will do nicely!

Thank you sooooooooooo much
      STG

Comment

Hi,

Not sure if this is the same thing you are talking about but when I emailed them I was told that I could buy a day photo pass for £7 (I think this amount is correct) and then take photos myself.

Esther

Comment

Originally posted by EstherLesley View Post
          Hi,

Not sure if this is the same thing you are talking about but when I emailed them I was told that I could buy a day photo pass for £7 (I think this amount is correct) and then take photos myself.

Esther
          Thanks

Comment

No photocopying

Using your own camera is free (unlike many archives) - they have tables with camera stands near the windows in the reading room for the best light, which are worth booking if you are doing a lot of images.
            Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
            Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Are you planning on making the trop to London? I am undecided what to do.

Esther

Comment

Originally posted by AntonyM View Post
                No photocopying

Using your own camera is free (unlike many archives) - they have tables with camera stands near the windows in the reading room for the best light, which are worth booking if you are doing a lot of images.
                Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by EstherLesley View Post
                  Are you planning on making the trop to London?
                  No, I was just trying to make sure that someone had the correct info.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X