Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Archives - Kew

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    National Archives - Kew

    Morning peeps.

    Someone is trying to tell me that if you visit Kew and want to do some photocopying, there's no charge for the copying. Can this be true? Even at our little local library it's 20p/page!

    Thanks
    STG

    Edited to say : I'm not talking about their research service or requesting them to provide copies of documents, I'm talking about standing by the photocopier and doing it yourself.
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

    #2
    It's years since I've been there so someone will be able to help on that, but I see from this press release that self-photocopying is no longer permitted.
    https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...december-2017/
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by keldon View Post
      It's years since I've been there so someone will be able to help on that, but I see from this press release that self-photocopying is no longer permitted.
      https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...december-2017/
      Oh, that will do nicely!

      Thank you sooooooooooo much
      STG
      Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

      Comment


        #4
        Hi,

        Not sure if this is the same thing you are talking about but when I emailed them I was told that I could buy a day photo pass for £7 (I think this amount is correct) and then take photos myself.

        Esther

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by EstherLesley View Post
          Hi,

          Not sure if this is the same thing you are talking about but when I emailed them I was told that I could buy a day photo pass for £7 (I think this amount is correct) and then take photos myself.

          Esther
          Thanks
          Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

          Comment


            #6
            No photocopying

            Using your own camera is free (unlike many archives) - they have tables with camera stands near the windows in the reading room for the best light, which are worth booking if you are doing a lot of images.
            I am a professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, based in Buckinghamshire - please contact me for any help/advice or research via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
            Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

            Comment


              #7
              Are you planning on making the trop to London? I am undecided what to do.

              Esther

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by AntonyM View Post
                No photocopying

                Using your own camera is free (unlike many archives) - they have tables with camera stands near the windows in the reading room for the best light, which are worth booking if you are doing a lot of images.
                Many thanks.

                Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by EstherLesley View Post
                  Are you planning on making the trop to London?
                  No, I was just trying to make sure that someone had the correct info.

                  Thanks again

                  Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X