Help needed with French family history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with French family history

Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me some help with my Great Great Great Grandmother I have been trying to find out more about her family before she was married. Excuse the long post but I will give you everything I know from records I have.

Marie Josephine Vincente Leroux taken from the marriage certificate to Frederick Seymour Chester. She was born circa 1843 in France which comes from Census records and her death registry. They married on 11th March 1861. On the marriage certificate her Father is listed as Jean Maria Leroux I'm inclined to think it should be Jean Marie but I could be wrong.

The only other two pieces of information about her family before marriage are a sister listed on the 1861 Census Rosalie Leroux age 30 born in France. I have been given the name of another possible Sister from another person who is also a Great Great Grandaughter of Marie and Frederick, she has it as Artheimie Leroux born 1842. This information was given word of mouth from her relative. I am wondering if the spelling could be Arthemese as one of the other relatives in my tree is called this.

I am completely stumped on this and have tried many different things before posting here. Thank you for reading.

You could try posting your query on Pascal’s research offer thread - he hasn’t posted for a while but it looks like he still visits FTF.
    Here’s the eraser has offer thread: https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...french-records

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post
      You could try posting your query on Pascal’s research offer thread - he hasn’t posted for a while but it looks like he still visits FTF.
      Here’s the eraser has offer thread: https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...french-records

Christine
      Thanks Christine I will do that it's giving me a real headache lol

Comment

“ Here’s the eraser has offer thread” - what does that even mean? Auto-suggest or predictive text must have taken over to come up with this gibberish!

Christine
        Researching:
        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

M.11 may 1861, buckland next dover, kent
          frederick seymour chester to marie josephine vincente le roux.

she was 19, b.1842. Father jean maria le roux, a merchant.

birth 5 apr 1842, tréguier, côte d'amour
          marie josephine vincente le roux
          daughter of jean marie le roux a merchant and anne goarin.

birth 23 apr 1828, tréguier, côte d'amour
          rosalie le roux
          daughter of jean marie le roux, a merchant and anne goarin.

marriage 5 may 1827
          minihy-tréguier, côte d'amour

jean marie le roux- b.2 sep 1808 at pommerit joudy. Parents: yves le roux and claudine le collen

anne goarin- b.23 may 1807 at ?cultivatrice. Parents: jacques goarin and marie anne le chaffotec?

this comes from filae.com, might be worth getting a subscription. Can send you the images, if you pm me your email address.

the births are not indexed with parent's names, so would need to look at every le roux to find the siblings.

there is only one arth* le roux showing up:

veronique arthémise octavie le roux, b.16 apr 1825, rouen. Parents: jean pierre marie le roux, a brewer and marie veronique du moulin, who d.1841 at gouy.

but she doesn't appear to be related to you.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
            M.11 may 1861, buckland next dover, kent
            frederick seymour chester to marie josephine vincente le roux.

she was 19, b.1842. Father jean maria le roux, a merchant.

birth 5 apr 1842, tréguier, côte d'amour
            marie josephine vincente le roux
            daughter of jean marie le roux a merchant and anne goarin.

birth 23 apr 1828, tréguier, côte d'amour
            rosalie le roux
            daughter of jean marie le roux, a merchant and anne goarin.

marriage 5 may 1827
            minihy-tréguier, côte d'amour

jean marie le roux- b.2 sep 1808 at pommerit joudy. Parents: yves le roux and claudine le collen

anne goarin- b.23 may 1807 at ?cultivatrice. Parents: jacques goarin and marie anne le chaffotec?

this comes from filae.com, might be worth getting a subscription. Can send you the images, if you pm me your email address.

the births are not indexed with parent's names, so would need to look at every le roux to find the siblings.

there is only one arth* le roux showing up:

veronique arthémise octavie le roux, b.16 apr 1825, rouen. Parents: jean pierre marie le roux, a brewer and marie veronique du moulin, who d.1841 at gouy.

but she doesn't appear to be related to you.
            Oh my goodness I could just give you the biggest hug ever. Thank you so much. I will PM you my email address thank you. Could you please also tell me what you put in the search to find the records I went on there but nothing came up, I don't have a subscription though maybe that's why.

Thanks again ☺☺☺

Comment

Working...
            X