Horton kirby kent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horton kirby kent

I am wondering if the parish records that have gone onto fmp today may be different years to the free ones on medwaycityark website. i think I have exhausted myself searching that one as its not searchable by name but you have to scroll through it all so wondering if anybody has access and its searchable by name.
    I have been looking for a marriage of Thomas Baker and Hannah Guy/Sinden. And any baptisms that I might have missed when scrolling. Mine is Eliza Baker 1843. The earliest one I have is a Jane Baker 1840 and there is a Rebecca 1831 but not sure is she is Sinden or Baker. Quite a gap inbetween those 2 births so I may have missed some
    I have Jane 1840, Samuel 1842, Eliza 1843, and Frederick 1850.

In 1851 Rebecca and Jane shown as born Brighton.
    Given relative age difference between Thomas and Hannah, is it possible she was his second wife and Rebecca daughter of his first wife?

Comment

Not sure if this relevant, but ....
      Marriage. Hannah Guy/ Thomas Sinden. 4 February 1828. Warbleton, Sussex.
      Baptism. Rebecca Sinden. 18 December 1831 . Dallington, Sussex. Parents Thomas and Hannah

In 1871 Hannah Baker's place of birth given as Warburton

Comment

Yes Thank you. So Rebecca is Hannah's daughter from her marriage to Sinden. Not sure who jane belongs to. Its confusing when they swap places Warburton and Warbleton. 2 different places apparently

Comment

Oh dear I just found a Rebecca Sinden in Kent convicted of Larceny in 1849 sentenced to 10 days

Comment

There was some additional info on this thread before if someone starts looking around.

OOOooooooh so excited,,,,,,,,,, just hope I get a reply. When I ordered a birth certificate for Eliza Baker b 1842 it gave the mother as Hannah Guy formerly Sinden. Her first husband died 1832 and I never found a 2nd marriage for her to Thomas Baker so just assume they lived together but she lived until 1893. Most people that

Good to see that she kept marrying Thomas too - just add to the confusion.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
              Oh dear I just found a Rebecca Sinden in Kent convicted of Larceny in 1849 sentenced to 10 days
              proves she was still a Sinden then, I have searched FMP for a parish record for Thomas & Hannah marriage around 1840 (nor surnames) in kent and found nothing
              Last edited by cbcarolyn; 17-04-21, 18:57.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                There was some additional info on this thread before if someone starts looking around.

OOOooooooh so excited,,,,,,,,,, just hope I get a reply. When I ordered a birth certificate for Eliza Baker b 1842 it gave the mother as Hannah Guy formerly Sinden. Her first husband died 1832 and I never found a 2nd marriage for her to Thomas Baker so just assume they lived together but she lived until 1893. Most people that

Good to see that she kept marrying Thomas too - just add to the confusion.
                Thank yo
                It doesnt make it any easier if i find the 2 eldest childrens marriage and they put Thomas as their father. lol.

I havent found a marriage or death for Rebecca Sinden after 1849 if thats the same one

Comment

Working...
                X