Ancestry tree hints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry tree hints

What's up with ancestry? When it suggests trees, it only has 3? For every person, literally shows you 3.....yet if you search ancestry trees it has as many as you can count?

I don't understand that, and have noticed it and the some of the trees when you search trees do not seem to have anyone remotely connected!
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

They reduced the number of tree hints a few months ago. There always used to be 10 but now reduced to 3. If you open a person's details that you haven't looked at for a long time they will still have up to 10 but that reduces to 3 the next time you open their page. Call me cynical but I strongly suspect this is in an attempt to reduce the load on their servers. I found it was only the top few that had anything remotely interesting.
      Anne

Comment

I always find the tree hints wildly inaccurate. And was also frustrated you had the option to import from the hints, but not a way to tell them the trees weren't a match at all! Like with normal hints you can ignore them amd give the reason. A lot of the time there is nothing the same in their tree hint, even the name is wrong!

Comment

I noticed a change in the way trees are listed a little while ago, but realized they were really presenting one tree's info for the search subject, but tells me on a header line above that there are <x> public trees, and to the far right of that, an option to "View All" - which then takes me to a page to show all the trees that it thinks has the same info as the first one displayed.

Now, we could talk about the way record hints work. That's really annoying now.

Comment

Working...
          X