No announcement yet.

Another pair of Eyes, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you lovely people. I have been away on a carer's retreat and promised myself not to look at the net!

So my humble apologies and thanks for running with the information.

Darksecretz : I will follow up those links you showed on Ancestry, Thank you. Possibly William is an Uncle.

John changing his year of birth to be younger or, to perhaps fit in with sponsored age limits? is another possibility I just thought of.

Yes - the Parents of Rebecca being recorded as "James and Mary" threw me a bit. I wonder if John gave the information and got it wrong?? - or, everyone has been following the wrong parents of Rebecca all this time

Elaine Thank you for the marriage transcript and the Parish record. I was told that it contained not much information but I hadn't followed it up myself.

cbcarolyn I will follow your links also in regard to Daniel. I just found my first Seaton DNA thruline a few days ago - only 8cM but that was enough to show a connection

teasie thank you for for looking and adding the extra information also - much appreciated. I agree about the naming pattern.
    However, if Daniel is Rebecca's brother and he says his parents are Edward and Mary, why has Rebecca got James and Mary? (unless as I said above that John just got it wrong!)

Comment

All but snowing outside and the usual suspects (daughter and grand-daughters) have decided not to do the afternoon visit so I am going through the actual Parish registers of Barholm's Church.

teasie Thank you for finding Elizabeth - I have found the original entry for her in the parish register

cbcarolyn I have found a baptism entry for John Charity who was born July 1808 the year after Mary. So a marriage for them is a distinct possibility and I have found them in the various Censuses.

Also 3 Charity matches have turned up in my DNA matches.

Just slowly working my way through and cross-checking as I go (for once!)

Comment

Working...
      X