TNA record that I can’t find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNA record that I can’t find

Trying to help out a fellow researcher. I found this entry for her on FMP and have totally failed to find it on TNA site although it should be there and downloadable. I am useless with TNA catalogue. Could some kind soul please post a link to it? There is another index entry that I suspect is the same man. The details are exactly the same except for the birthplace which is spelled correctly as Knapdale. I couldn’t get a result for that one either.
    Many thanks.

Britain, Merchant Seamen, 1835-1857f
    Neil
    McIntyre
    Birth year -
    Birthplace Napdale
    Burth county / country -
    The National Archives
    Series BT114
    Piece number 11
    Date range 1845-1854
    Record Set Britain, Merchant Seamen, 1835-1857
    Education & work
    Merchant Navy & Maritime
    Great Britain, UK None

I think they are not indexed on tna, FMP has them indexed

here are all the BT114
    The official archive of the UK government. Our vision is to lead and transform information management, guarantee the survival of today's information for tomorrow and bring history to life for everyone.

I have not downloaded any but assume entire books.. does say to drop the Mc they use example of McKenzie - and search under K

did find this different record

The official archive of the UK government. Our vision is to lead and transform information management, guarantee the survival of today's information for tomorrow and bring history to life for everyone.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thanks Carolyn. I can’t get the records to open. It just refers me back to FMP.
      The second link, could see a quick preview and it was a chap on an HMS ship so Royal Navy I think rather than Merchant Navy.

UPDATE I am a total numptie! The images are there on FMP. Was using my phone and didn’t scroll down far enough so see the links. Should have gone to bed earlier. Clearly not thinking straight. Sorry!
      Will look at them when I get up.

Comment

Working...
      X