Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia/Courland, Dennenburg Help

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for researching family from Russia and Courland Dennenburg.

Thank you

Esther

I assisted a woman in finding her half-Jewish bio-dad. I know she used a Facebook group extensively, including translating headstones.

FamilySearch's wiki may provide some direction

The Douglas E. Goldman Jewish Genealogy Center and is the only center of its kind in the world. At the Center, visitors can search a computerized database containing thousands of genealogies of Jewish families from all over the world and can also register their own family trees. There is also a way to order genealogy help even when you aren't at the museum

I haven't looked in ftf's own Reference section, so that's another place you could look.

Comment

Dennenburg is a town in modern latvia. Which is the old duchy of courland. Just googling came up with many sites concerning jewish genealogy and latvia.

Comment

Thank you both. This may take some time to get my head around, talk about confusing . I think I may have save up and pay to get some help with this.

Thank you again for the recommendations.

Esther

Comment

Working...
        X