South Africa searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    He didn't go to Singapore until after the daughter was married as far as I can see.

He went in 7 Nov 1950 (may not be first time?) and came back 26 Jan 1955 - if that is indeed him as he has changed career https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...9?pId=19560279 I guess he may have been some kind of security?

She went 4 May 1951 and returned 27 Oct 1952, address for return was 4 South Ave, New Washington
    South Avenue was where William's Mother was living in 1939 with her 2nd husband Edward Errington. A quick glance and think this maybe her sister Ann's husband, Iassume that she died - 1911 census is where Joseph McGahan is living
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

South Avenue was where William's Mother was living in 1939 with her 2nd husband Edward Errington. A quick glance and think this maybe her sister Ann's husband, Iassume that she died - 1911 census is where Joseph McGahan is living
      Thanks Carolyn. It would be interesting to see if Florence & William divorced but not sure I can find that out! I wonder why Florence chose Wales and why William ended back up in Northumberland (if that death is correct)! One of those stories that has not definitive ending I guess!

Comment

Her daughter was in Wales, and she lived with them for a while you can see her on Reg of electors with daughter and husband.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

So I ordered a couple of certificates - the one I ordered 1st still hasn't turned up grrr!

The one for William McGahan has come back and ties up. Doesn't look like the informant is family, however, under the qualification box for informant I 'think' it says 'causing the body to be cremated'. If the informant isn't family but a friend (lived at the same address but different flat) is this something it would say rather than 'friend'?
          Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like a neighbour or perhaps it's a care home? I note he had dementia. Perhaps this person was looking after him?

Comment

Nothing there to give a clue, at least you know it is him. the address I think should be Holly Oak House, and that is a retirement place for the over 55s
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

So, I now have DC for Florence and it gives no other infor other than what I have unfortunately. I guess this branch will remain a mystery for now ...

Thanks all!

Comment

so annoying! maybe there will be some records soon.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                  X