X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk for wills
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
      Followed GL on post 4 for FMP. Just putting in Florence throws up a few. None with McGinn or similar, or likely dob. Followed one through, 1911 Ireland with G parents, a twin, father RAMC. Eliminated.

FS site had above records, marriage and births in SA.

I can see later travel overseas and residency of Staffs if I have the correct one.

Wonder if 1986 Pembrokeshire Will would reveal anything. Are you able to give first names of any children of the marriage to William who are deceased?

Vera

Vera, she only had the one daughter!

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
        I think for £1.50 I would get the will, might have an odd relative in there.

Did find this, no help, but thought would put it here:

Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 23.52.00.png
        I have ordered the will!

Comment

Thanks. Have noted name of daughter. Hoped Florence might have named daughter after one of her siblings. Are you able to give names of witnesses to marriage of Florence to William.

Vera

Comment

Thanks. Have noted name of daughter. Hoped Florence might have named daughter after one of her siblings. Are you able to give names of witnesses to marriage of Florence to William.

Vera
            Vera, it's a really poor copy. I think it says M Errington and William ?? Bulger

Thanks Tessie
            Attached Files

Comment

Errington was the name of the 1911 family that I think, although maybe in a muddle, is the married name of Williams aunt, and Mary Errington b1892 is his cousin. and I think his sister Mary McGahan married a Bulger, seen on another tree, so it maybe incorrect. Interesting that both witnesses were from his family, address also his family.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Errington was the name of the 1911 family that I think, although maybe in a muddle, is the married name of Williams aunt, and Mary Errington b1892 is his cousin. and I think his sister Mary McGahan married a Bulger, seen on another tree, so it maybe incorrect. Interesting that both witnesses were from his family, address also his family.
                Yes that's the family in Post 25. So no relies for Florence which indicates b out of area. Maybe need to look at where she could have met William. ? was he in Army prior to Police. Tessie Do you have occupation for William at time of marriage.EDIT just seen it on mc.

Have just found another SA site with listings of Soldiers in 2nd Boar War. No H J McGinn but plenty of
                J MGinns

Vera

Comment

Yes that's the family in Post 25. So no relies for Florence which indicates b out of area. Maybe need to look at where she could have met William. ? was he in Army prior to Police. Tessie Do you have occupation for William at time of marriage.EDIT just seen it on mc.

Have just found another SA site with listings of Soldiers in 2nd Boar War. No H J McGinn but plenty of
                  J MGinns

Vera
                  Thanks Ladies! Hmm, where should I look now? Do I need to wait for the Will and see if that mentions anything and then the 1921 census next year?

Thanks Tessie

Comment

I don't know what to suggest, as not an expert in anything, esp South Africa!

I can see William listed on FMP as being in the Corp of military police in 1941 with same number as cert 4444019 and is a Corporal.

I think I would plug away at the McGahan clan in those early days.
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

I can see William listed on FMP as being in the Corp of military police in 1941 with same number as cert 4444019 and is a Corporal.

OK, I haven't even looked at William yet! I'll have a play around and hope something flashes up in Florence's will, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post

Vera, it's a really poor copy. I think it says M Errington and William ?? Bulger

Thanks Tessie
                        for William's occupation on mc, Can you read the figures after Gunner Royal Artillery Reg...............4444019. If we can pinpoint where he was stationed may be able to find where he met Florence.

Florence appears to have a connection with Errington's. Looks like she planned to join William in Malaysia 1951/2 but returned to permanently live in the UK according to manifest and headed for the Erringtons in New Washington.

Wonder why the couple settled in Staffs?

Vera

Comment

for William's occupation on mc, Can you read the figures after Gunner Royal Artillery Reg...............4444019. If we can pinpoint where he was stationed may be able to find where he met Florence.

Florence appears to have a connection with Errington's. Looks like she planned to join William in Malaysia 1951/2 but returned to permanently live in the UK according to manifest and headed for the Erringtons in New Washington.

Wonder why the couple settled in Staffs?

Vera
                          Vera,

Is the info you found on Ancestry and is it on the WW sub (manifest etc)?

William & Florence married and lived in Co. Durham and then Florence moved to Wales where she died not Staffs - unless I'm very confused?

Yes the number is that from what I can make out on the MC.

Tessie

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post

Vera,

Is the info you found on Ancestry and is it on the WW sub (manifest etc)?

William & Florence married and lived in Co. Durham and then Florence moved to Wales where she died not Staffs - unless I'm very confused?

Yes the number is that from what I can make out on the MC.

Tessie
                            Tessie on Ancestry WW. For Florence to and fro 1951/52. For William to Singapore 1950. Address in Litchfield, Staffs quoted on all manifests.

Florence is on 1939 census living Litchfield Staffs with one other. Transcribed Mogahan on Ancestry

The letters/nos I'm looking for are the ones immediately after Rgt??

Vera

Comment

Tessie on Ancestry WW. For Florence to and fro 1951/52. For William to Singapore 1950. Address in Litchfield, Staffs quoted on all manifests.

Florence is on 1939 census living Litchfield Staffs with one other. Transcribed Mogahan on Ancestry

Vera
                              OK, I don't have WW - will look at 1939 (thanks for the mistranscribed name).
                              Hmm I wonder why there - posted to a different barracks as William in services?
                              I think it says no. (as in reg no. 4444019)

Thanks Tessie

Comment

Vera
                                I found him on fmp in ww2 in military police 4444019, I can post links if you can't find him. Found nothing else though.
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

I found him on fmp in ww2 in military police 4444019, I can post links if you can't find him. Found nothing else though.
                                  Carolyn, still waiting for the 'micropayments' to come in on FMP as don't have a sub - will have a look then, thanks!

Comment

Vera
                                    Hmm, interesting she is staying in 'hotel buildings'!? Nothing really Google's for Muckley Corner!

Comment

Carolyn,

I've just put this number in on FMP search and nothing for William comes up?

What category did you search?

Thanks

Comment

here you are

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/reco...O417%2F0247451

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...WW2%2F01910238

I just put in his soldier number 4444019

Last edited by cbcarolyn; 22-10-21, 10:55.
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

Thanks Carolyn, need to wait until the credit / micropayment things is available to look.

Unfortunately the will gives no information - only mentions a son in law and a grandson (the executors)!

Will leave this as a brick wall and hope the 1921 census brings up anything!

Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                                          X