struggling to find the link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• struggling to find the link

Had a new dna match this morning 182 cms which is higher than one of my 2nd cousins that I grew up knowing.... It must be a connection round about our great grandparents. I cant find the birth of S** Nisbet father Andrew Nisbet. He was born 1921. Cant find a marriage for him either that may help me connect. Really need to find Shelagh's birth mothers maiden name. They seem to be centered around Liverpool area.
    Anybody able to help please?
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 05-04-21, 14:53.

I beleive Andrew NIsbet is born 1921, registration hatfield but cant see where his mothers maiden name is

Comment

can't see one in Hatfield, only a death. Andrew McCrorie Nisbet b 27 Sept 1921 wonder if this one was born in Scotland can't see on GRO

only birth I can see for that date is in Northumberland similar spelling not exact match

NESBIT, ANDREW COULTER
      GRO Reference: 1921 D Quarter in CASTLE WARD Volume 10B Page 681

maybe Andrew not his birth name?
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

there is a tree on ancestry for this Andrew, marries a Marjorie Bryson 1926 to 1985
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

thank you. I did wonder about the spelling as I first read it as nesbit..

Comment

There you go. Cert not available to view online as he’s bang on 100 years. It will be released to view at the turn of this/next year.
            Surname
            NISBET
            Forename
            ANDREW MCCRORIE
            Year
            Ref
            479/ 835
            RD Name
            Falkirk
            Last edited by GallowayLass; 05-04-21, 11:32. Reason: Add a bit of info

Comment

There was another Andrew NISBET born 1921 in Falkirk but has no middle name and who appears to be the same Andrew NISBET who is the subject of 22 ancestry trees. This man died in Australia.
              Surname
              NISBET
              Forename
              ANDREW
              Year
              Ref
              479/ 404
              RD Name
              Falkirk

Comment

Andrew and Marjorie married in Falkirk in 1948. As Andrew would have been 27/28 years old, there’s likely a war record to be found/applied for.
                Surname
                NISBET
                Forename
                ANDREW MCCRORIE
                Spouse Surname
                BRYSON
                Spouse Forename
                MARJORIE HORNE
                Year
                Ref
                479/ 99
                RD Name
                Falkirk

Comment

Marjorie’s birth. Polmont is about 3.5 miles from Falkirk.
                  Surname
                  BRYSON
                  Forename
                  MARJORIE HORNE
                  Year
                  Ref
                  481/B3 51
                  RD Name
                  Polmont

Comment

This is the marriage of Andrew McCrorie NISBET’s parents. This is viewable on ScotlandsPeople and will get you back another generation. The couple will also be on the 1911 census so you can find out some other older siblings for Andrew. Must have been a big family if they married 1907 and Andrew didn’t appear till 1921!
                    name
                    NISBET
                    Forename
                    THOMAS
                    Spouse Surname
                    MCCRORIE
                    Spouse Forename
                    MARY
                    Year
                    Ref
                    479/ 210
                    RD Name
                    Falkirk

Comment

A candidate for their firstborn? This is a death of a man born 1907/8.
                      Surname
                      NISBET
                      Forename
                      JAMES
                      Age at death
                      Mother's Maiden Name
                      MCCRORIE
                      Year
                      Ref
                      479/ 413
                      RD Name
                      Falkirk
                      and the death of a daughter born 1911. Middle name on birth entry is BARRY. Her death is indexed under both COCKBURN and NISBET
                      Surname
                      NISBET
                      Forename
                      MARGARET BARRIE
                      Age at death
                      Mother's Maiden Name
                      MCCRORIE
                      Year
                      Ref
                      479/ 572
                      RD Name
                      Falkirk
                      Her middle name on marriage though is BARRIE
                      urname
                      NISBET
                      Forename
                      MARGARET BARRIE
                      Spouse Surname
                      COCKBURN
                      Spouse Forename
                      WILLIAM
                      Year
                      Ref
                      479/ 165
                      RD Name
                      Falkirk

Comment

Census searches on SP are a right B as there are so few searchable fields. I looked first for a Thomas NISBET in Stirlingshire with a Mary on the same page (you can’t specify same household!) and got one result. The only match had a man with a middle name so then I tried looking for a 3-4 year old James with the same adult male and got zilch. Drop the age to 2-4 though and bingo! a match. The reference no. is the same on the search for Thomas with Mary as it is for the child and his father so I’m as confident as I can be that Thomas, Mary and James are not just on the same page, they are the in the same household. (see told you it was a B . I really hope that when the transcripts finally appear on either ancestry or FMP, they are searchable by their standards and not SP’s limited ones)
                        Surname
                        NISBET
                        Forename
                        THOMAS SMITH
                        Year
                        Age at Census
                        Ref
                        479/ 4/ 27
                        RD Name
                        Falkirk
                        County/ City
                        Stirling

Comment

gloryer I see you are offline so will leave things till you are back on

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
                            Had a new dna match this morning 182 cms which is higher than one of my 2nd cousins that I grew up knowing.... It must be a connection round about our great grandparents. I cant find the birth of S** Nisbet father Andrew Nisbet. He was born 1921. Cant find a marriage for him either that may help me connect. Really need to find Shelagh's birth mothers maiden name. They seem to be centered around Liverpool area.
                            Anybody able to help please?
                            do you know if spelling is correct for S?. There are 3 births with alternative spelling in 40s and 50s, and there is a marriage in 76 with your spelling (can't see a birth though) - You can see marriage on ancestry

You can search on FMP to get a list.
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

Thank you , Will keep me busy for a while although no names actually jump out at me there.

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

do you know if spelling is correct for S?. There are 3 births with alternative spelling in 40s and 50s, and there is a marriage in 76 with your spelling (can't see a birth though) - You can see marriage on ancestry

You can search on FMP to get a list.
                                awaiting a reply (as always) from the new match

Comment

Thanks for giving me all this info but we were way off. lol. All because of a 2nd marriage. But I am really excited as this one is quite a close match. Her mum is my 2nd cousin. first time I have had a match from this line so fingers crossed there may be some pictures uncovered of my grandfather as I have still not seen any!!
                                  When you put the details of Thomas Smith Nisbet I did start to wonder if somebody was playing away from home as my dad is Thomas Smith. Strangely enough this link is with my dad but nothing to do with Nisbet..

Comment

They would never have made the link as my dad isnt registered as a Smith!!

Comment

So the 1921 birth and 1948 marriage of Andrew McCrorie NISBET in Falkirk are not the right man and the one ancestry tree where he is married to Marjorie BRYSON is wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                                        So the 1921 birth and 1948 marriage of Andrew McCrorie NISBET in Falkirk are not the right man and the one ancestry tree where he is married to Marjorie BRYSON is wrong?
                                        There is an adoption involved so I think that may be the adoption name they had on their tree. First adoption case I have come across on my dads side. I dont think it was a baby adoption as she said it was a young age....

Comment

Working...
                                        X