my mind is completely blown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my mind is completely blown

Just before the first lockdown last march I managed to arrive at who was my biological great grandfather and somebody sent me about 25 pages all about the connection to the Glennie family. Kept me entertained at home! so my next task was to then try to work out who my biological great great grandfather. With all the DNA matches I am convinced it is a McRae descendant, however apparently some have married their cousins making it very difficult to establish the correct one. Today I ran a new autocluster from myheritage and was cross referencing with my ancestry tree and discovered that one of the Glennie descendants is also a McRae descendant. Her father is a Glennie and her mother a McRae. I think I am throwing in the towel with this one!!!!

dont blame you what a puzzle

Comment

Is this what I see being posted about in various DNA groups - something called endogamy?

Comment

I have one of those groups, well probably more than one, where they match each other, me and my brother on about 20 to 30 cM. I can't find any link between any of those that have trees, either to each other or me. There's about 30 in one group!
        Anne

Comment

I am still not sure what endogamy means. Takes me all my time to remember what NPE means. lol. I keep reading about the grey shaded squares on the autoclusters but I still havent got to grips with that either.
          I had this person added on the Glennie line and it was yesterday when I could see her tree on MH that her mother is a McRae. The 2 suspected great great grandfathers that I have, one I can not connect back further than his parents and the other one just throws up lots of matches with common ancestors but it didnt look right to me as it had people of my age 2 generations before me

Comment

Working...
          X