Ancestry Worldwide free weekend & Connecticut (USA) resource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancestry Worldwide free weekend & Connecticut (USA) resource

I've taken advantage of the free Easter w/e on Ancestry Worldwide to look up some things with which I was struggling (I don't have enough USA Ancestry-only quests to justify a World sub). In the process, I was steered to this useful Connecticut resource about which I hadn't known: https://www.ctatatelibrarydata.org/marriage-records
    You can search on bride's or groom's first or second names, the date and the place of marriage. If you're researching an unusual name, it can be quite handy just to put in that surname, alternately in the bride's and groom's search-boxes.
    It probably needs to be put into the reference library (if it isn't already there).
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...
Working...
X