what is this occupation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this occupation

Can any one tell me what the occupation of "charge maker" would involve in the 1970-1980 in Australia.
    As it is so clear in 2 records i dont think it is a typo.
    Thank you
    Brian
    Screenshot (38).png
    avatar is my paternal grandmother Hazel May Sheridan (Coles /// Callaghan)
    researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

I have no idea

anything to do with mining and setting up explosions?

or something in financial sector?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

On his marriage cert as a 17 yr old in 1938 he was a potter.
      Brian
      researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

Comment

Toukley on the central coast of NSW is not that far away from a large coal ming area. Maybe prepared explosive charges in the mines, or open cut?

Comment

There is at least 3 mines plus other industries within 20klms of Budgewoi, and looking at the jobs in the explosive industry there is Blast Supervisor, so he may have had
          the task of making the explosive charges for mining or even the hi way that was being built.
          Thanks for the suggestions cbcarolyn and Phil it pointed me in the right direction as i was totally stumped.
          Brian

Comment

Working...
          X