Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genealogy abbreviation?

Hi all

Has anybody ever come across the letters ‘CCF’ scribbled on a record before? Just wondering if it’s a known abbreviation or somebody’s personal shorthand?

Thanks in advance ?

Sorry, forgot to add that a date follows CCF

Comment

What sort of record was it and when and where as that may help.....sorry, at present, not a clue!
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

ditto

Comment

Originally posted by herky View Post
          What sort of record was it and when and where as that may help.....sorry, at present, not a clue!
          It was on the 1939 register in Holborn, London. It says CFC and then a date follows it. Someone had wrote it next to someone I was researching and I tried to see if it was a date of marriage or something but it wasn’t

Comment

CCF is the area code for Chigwell in Essex, so looks like your person moved there on the date identified.
            Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Snap bubblebelle. Beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
                CCF is the area code for Chigwell in Essex, so looks like your person moved there on the date identified.
                Aww, thanks so much Bubblebelle! I’ll get searching ?

Thank you

Comment

Sorry that I couldn't help but good that bubblebelle did. Good luck with your searches.
                  herky
                  Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Nothing turned up for Chigwell so must be their own secret code for something

Comment

This is a link to the codes. Most of the codes are written within the first column of the right hand page. This was a document compiled by the registrars of the county and updated regularly throughout the period of National Registration. You will also find that when a woman married in this period their name would be updated, which can prove very useful.

1939 Register Enumeration Districts | findmypast.co.uk
                      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
                        This is a link to the codes. Most of the codes are written within the first column of the right hand page. This was a document compiled by the registrars of the county and updated regularly throughout the period of National Registration. You will also find that when a woman married in this period their name would be updated, which can prove very useful.

1939 Register Enumeration Districts | findmypast.co.uk
                        Thanks so much Bubblebelle. That will be very helpful for any future codes and the married name would help lots too. It didn’t lead me anywhere this time, but will save that link.

Thank you ??

Comment

Working...
                        X