• Show
Clear All

She'd moved to Newcastle upon Tyne by 1881
    Barbara

Comment

Thanks Vera. Yes I have got the mc
      Barbara

Comment

I can see the NUT connection and the constant record of Wolverhampton with no variation of Town or Village. I'm a Tynesider from further along the River. Think the birth to Jane a good possible. Will look to see if I can find anything on her.

Nothing coming up for Amelia which from experience with my family could be Emilia, Emily

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
          I can see the NUT connection and the constant record of Wolverhampton with no variation of Town or Village. I'm a Tynesider from further along the River. Think the birth to Jane a good possible. Will look to see if I can find anything on her.

Nothing coming up for Amelia which from experience with my family could be Emilia, Emily

Vera
          Thank you
          Barbara

Comment

and I guess if Maria was Anne Maria, then Amelia could even be a middle name.

You have some BCs? what were the addresses on them? maybe worth sharing some of the info so that we can dismiss too.

For each of the BCs did you find corresponding census etc for parents/child?

If Jane was to be correct unmarried mother, then William on Marriage cert is wrong/made up, or she doesn't know maybe.

Where was marriage in Newcastle, have you tried newspapers for any reports? Guess any family member such as an aunt wouldn't have gone anyway :(

We need that time machine again
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Mc witnesses were Peter Wilson and Jane Softley. I haven't come across any connections to either of them

Bride and groom both gave an address of 9 Maple Street, Newcastle. Married on 3rd December 1881 in Newcastle upon Tyne registry office

Groom was John Robson

Barbara

Comment

Bc's

Anne daughter of Jane Rowley 9th Jan 1863 Wednesfield. Informant was Catherine Rowley of Rookery Street, Wednesfield . No father named

Annie Maria daughter of Jane Rowley 5th November 1861 Madeley. Informant was Jane Rowley. No father given

Ann Rowley 1st September 1861 Rookery Street Wednesfield daughter of Reuben Rowley and Fanny Rowley formerly Reece

Frances Ann 23rd December 1861 Tettenhall daughter of Francis and Harriet Rowley, formerly Jones

I can't remember now if I ever did manage to track any of them forward, even though I do remember it being suggested to me in the very early days of me researching

Barbara

Comment

Just looked at a Jane Rowley 1861

Jane Rowley unmarried servant b 1839 Ashley, Staffs

Working for farmer William Thomas Smith Anc EDIT Swift FMP unmarried b 1821 Standon, Staffs

Another employee b Maer

living Watford, Standon, Stone, Staffs

In 1851 can see Jane Rowley b 1846 Bilston mother Mary mn Griffiths f John. Phoebe Riley who was with Maria Rowley 8 was also mn Griffiths f John. Different mothers though ? Cousins.

Vera

Comment

Now that is interesting. and definitely worth me pursuing further

Thank you again

Barbara

Comment

Looking further at Jane Rowley the unmarried general servant in the 1861, can see her linked to a family father Edward a Tailor b Cheshire mother Hannah. Jane b Ashley

A Jane Rowley marries a James Salter on FMP other transcriptions Tatler in 1875 at Butterton. Jane's father Edward a Tailor. James Salter a Widower. Both full age.

​​​​​​On 1881 they are in Newcastle under Lyme

Tatler, James 4? B? Labourer
                      Tatler, Jane 40 B Ashley

Tatler Mary A 19 from James' previous marriage
                      Tatler, Sarah J 15. ". ". "

Rowley, Hannah 14 step daughter b Maer, Newcastle

Tatler, Henry 4 B Newcast!e
                      Tatler, Elizabeth 2 b Newcastle
                      Tatler, William 5 months b Newcastle****

Living 74 High??land, Newcastle under Lyme

***On the 1891 he is William T Rowley Grandson aged 10

Vera

Comment

Thanks again Vera

Sorry I've not been around much today- full time workand doctors appointment keeping me occupied

Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                          Just looked at a Jane Rowley 1861

Jane Rowley unmarried servant b 1839 Ashley, Staffs

Working for farmer William Thomas Smith unmarried b 1821 Standon, Staffs

Another employee b Maer

living Watford, Standon, Stone, Staffs

In 1851 can see Jane Rowley b 1846 Bilston mother Mary mn Griffiths f John. Phoebe Riley who was with Maria Rowley 8 was also mn Griffiths f John. Different mothers though ? Cousins.

Vera
                          Phebe was the daughter of John Griffiths baptised 1811 in Bilston parents John and Sarah
                          Mary Griffiths daughter of John and Sarah was baptised in Bilston in 1817 so probably John's sister
                          Mary Griffiths married Joseph Rowley - and amongst other children they had daughter Jane born 1846 Bilston

so yes - Phebe and Jane were cousins
                          Barbara

Comment

EDIT. Meant to say 'no need for sorry' before Barbara I have plenty of time, retired and hiding from that thing.

Will just leave this thought with you for when you have a minute! I'm wondering if grandson in 1881 and 1891 b 1880 ie William Thomas Rowley may be connected to your Annie Maria? He is on GRO with no mmn.

Vera

Comment

Sorry got lost on post 28 are Jane and Phoebe in same household, I can't find the census :(

looks like the BC is the correct one, that is good news.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                Sorry got lost on post 28 are Jane and Phoebe in same household, I can't find the census :(

looks like the BC is the correct one, that is good news.
                                Phebe was the lady of the house on the census where I was looking at Maria and Amelia. Her mmn was Griffiths. Vera found a Jane Rowley mmn Griffiths but as they didn't look like sisters she wondered if they could be cousins

vera2013 I'm still investigating William 1880
                                Barbara

Comment

Working...
                                X