DNA Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA Journey

I have previously been critical of mainstream genealogy tv programmes, but have to say that last nights DNA Journey with Martin and Roman Kemp was by far the best I have seen. The reason why? It was all about the story rather than all about 'them'. Seemed genuinely humble and nice guys.

Did you see last night’s DNA Journey on ITV with Martin and Roman Kemp? If not, then I urge you to have a watch if you can on catch up, it’s brilliant. The programme really got me think…

My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

It was a good variation to have a father and son who knew next to nothing to start with. I could have thumped Roman though when he took a wee strop about meeting Appleby descendants on his mother’s side. He just didn’t seem to get the point about why they were “his” DNA discovery and not his Dad’s.
    I would have loved to know what happened to Nan Eliza’s younger sister who went into the workhouse with her and also what became of her brothers, her father and also her mother after her release from the asylum. Also if Nan Eliza is in a pauper’s grave, where is her husband buried?

Comment

I enjoyed it as well and like you GL wanted to know about all the other people related to them. Did they know it was a paupers grave or just thought it was? By that time of night I am sometimes too tired to take everything in.
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Not sure Lin but it looked like a very out of the way spot and the plot marker was very small. They had a map which the researcher had given them so I would think they would had been aware from the coloured markings on it whether they were looking at a private or common plot. The researcher had asked if they wanted to see “where she was buried” and had never said a thing about her husband to them. As the rellies in the chip shop knew that their ancestor of a few generations previous had come from Germany and they were from a different son’s line to Martin’s line you’d have thought the researchers would have joined the dots for him so to speak.

Comment

I think there are always follow ups and open ends, same as WDYTYA, it's created for TV and is time constrained, would be nice if they did some follow up. Martin Kemp has posted today that they are going ahead with a headstone for Nan's grave

Comment

I think most people would be really happy with what they found out, it's just that we want to delve further all the time.

Paul, its lovely to think his Nan will have a headstone.
            Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Paulc View Post
              I think there are always follow ups and open ends, same as WDYTYA, it's created for TV and is time constrained, would be nice if they did some follow up. Martin Kemp has posted today that they are going ahead with a headstone for Nan's grave
              It mustn’t have been a common grave then as gravestones or any memorial are not allowed on those are they?

Comment

Only the person named on the Deed of Grant to a cemetery plot is entitled to put a headstone on a grave, provided that the cemetery allows it. If you do not own the Deed of Grant and place a grave marker on the site, the Registered Grave Owner is legally entitled to remove it or have it removed.

Comment

Working...
                X