Aslum seeking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aslum seeking

Hi all I'm writing this on the off chance that someone may have access to Asylum Patients. I'm trying to find information or medical records for my Great Great Grandmother, I'm very much interested in finding out her illness or reason behind being admitted. Her name was .....

Eliza Dyer(nee Andrews) born 1839 Yeovil and died in 1901 or very early 1902.

she was a patient in Bishops Lydeard Lunatic Asylum , Bath and Somerset.

Her husband was Samuel George Dyer

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance

Snowy

You might need to wait until the Archive that covers that area opens again. They may have the records from the Asylum.

I got really excellent information about a patient in Bedfordshire from the Archive in Bedford. The patient was admitted in 1856 and was in and out for many years, eventually he died in 1885 during an outbreak of smallpox in the Asylum he was in at the time.

Anne

Comment

This is the link you need. The records are closed access as the Registers covering your dates go up to 1948. You will need to contact the Archives for details of the person you want. They will give you an estimate of how much it would cost to copy the relevant info for you.

Comment

Can’t help you out I’m afraid, but it’s my second coincidence today on this forum - the first was on the Irish records thread which turned up an Irish census record for a family in Scotch Street, Downpatrick, where a few of my ancestors were born and lived for a while.
        This is the second: my 2g grandmother was also called Eliza Dyer (nee Taylor) and I used to get Ancestry hints for your Eliza!

Christine
        Researching:
        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Lol small world

Comment

Working...
          X