No announcement yet.

William Woodward - please help me sort this out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks like the proper Robinson family who I have just found living next door but one to the Rawlinsons in 1871. So maybe the enumerator stopped off there on his rounds and it wasn't just my William who had had a pint or two.

1871 census William and Mary Ann Rawlinson.jpg

This is turning into a real good tale!
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Originally posted by Gardengirl View Post
      And then someone (thanks, Carolyn ) suggests that you check out the neighbours and off we go down another rabbit hole ! Fascinating neighbours in 1871 - apparently living in farm workers buildings beside Pinesfield Farm where the Head of Household says he is Agent for ?? & ?? farming 700 acres employing 34 labs and 6 boys.

Better save that for another day...

Although I might just quickly google Pinesfield Farm, West Hyde - just for a quick teeny tiny peak to see if it is still there
      glad to be of service
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Right! I definitely need to go and rest my brain now. Walk away from the keyboard........
        Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Thank you again, I will have another look and follow up all those leads. And if Emily / Emma is their child she would be the missing one from the 1911 census which says that they had 10 children but 3 had died.

Off to the GRO again for me this morning.... could be time to buy a certificate.
          The PDF birth certificate arrived this morning.
          17 Jan 1862 Emma Woodward - no father's name - mother Mary Ann Woodward of West Hyde.

So two illegitimate children before she got married to William Charles Rawlinson.

Comment

Thanks for the update - I'm pleased my hunch about her was right :D Also good that it adds more certainty that the 'Robinson' family is actually the Rawlinson's

Comment

Yes, and curiosity has got the better of me so I have just ordered the certificate for Emily Woodward Q1 1866 Watford Union MMN Woodward as well.

Comment

Yes, and curiosity has got the better of me so I have just ordered the certificate for Emily Woodward Q1 1866 Watford Union MMN Woodward as well.
                ooohhh I just love it when you get the bug.. and you start then ordering certs for the whole lot of them.. enjoy it
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

No! No! Don't tempt me! I can't afford to be that extravagant unfortunately but maybe when I win the Premium Bonds

Comment

I suspect she'll be Charlotte's daughter (post #8), but you never know!

Comment

I'm afraid I rather skimmed over your post #8, teassie, because there was so much information in it and I was having trouble relating everything to my search. Your mind works far faster than mine and I couldn't quite see how that all tied up!

When I get the certificate it might all make more sense. I've ordered the pdf so it should be here by Wednesday or Thursday.

Comment

No problem - your original post had mentioned the 1868 William Woodward so it was more a case of identifying which family HE fitted in with, so you didn't have to order his birth certificate.

Comment

No! No! Don't tempt me! I can't afford to be that extravagant unfortunately but maybe when I win the Premium Bonds
                          If it were me i'd be strategic about it, I've often bought certs that allowed me to verify lines a birth cert then marriage and perhaps a death, but others have been more out of curiosity. I'm glad now that we have the option of PDFs as that makes it more affordable, but free [as in Parish registers] is even better.
                          Julie
                          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by teasie View Post
                            I suspect she'll be Charlotte's daughter (post #8), but you never know!
                            Well done, teasie! You were right (of course)

1866 birth Emily Woodward daughter of Charlotte Woodward.JPG

Comment

Working...
                            X