Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to find a death in Australia possibly 2008?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find a death in Australia possibly 2008?

Through second hand info I've been told a family member died in Australia in 2008 and that she lived in NSW, possibly close to or overlooking Sydney. I've found a burial listed on find a grave that could be for her but I'm struggling to even confirm if 2008 is correct. I'm struggling to find news obits that far back and it's outside the bmd dates from what I can tell.

Kathleen Mary Eade (Unknown-2008) - Find A Grave Memorial
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

you can check the ryerson index for obits. then contact the relevant newspaper about getting a copy of the obit. there is one in the index:

kathleen mary eade- d.4 nov 2008, sydney; age 91 (b.1917). formerly of macclesfield. published 10 nov 2008, adelaide advertiser.

Comment

death certs for nsw are private for 30 years, so you won't be able to get a copy of the death unless you are next of kin or have their written permission. wills are difficult to find and obtain for nsw too. but they appear to be held by the supreme court for post 1977.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Age is spot on as she was born in 1917 and the rumour was she worked in a hospital "near Manchester", Macclesfield is about 20 miles away from the middle of Manchester. I'll take a stab that the obit was by someone who didn't really know much of her past and the memorial is "my" Kathleen. I doubt there's another death in the name that fits with the rumours as well as this seems to do.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

since it's published in an adelaide paper, the macclesfield they are talking about is probably the one in the adelaide hills. unlikely to be the cheshire town. maybe the obit itself may have some info.

Comment

Working...
          X