Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will 1921 census be available ...... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will 1921 census be available ...... ?

I'm waiting with baited breath for the publication of 1921 census details!!!

Marthrow (?) Price was admitted to Dr. Barnardo's Homes on 19th May 1911 when he was approximately 5 years old on a medical examination by a medical professional. A letter, dated 1935, from Dr. Barnardo's stated no exact details were known about Marthrow (maybe Matthew) apart from his mother who was said to be Lucy Price, a van dweller of no fixed abode, father's name unknown.

Marthrow Price was given a date of birth of 18th July 1906.

Despite extensive enquiries, over the years, no proof of a registered birth (date or place) has been located, I don't suppose the 1921 census will provide any more information but who knows???

Kind regards and stay safe.
    Giddysue

Next January on findmypast!! Not too long now ....
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Giddysue View Post
      I'm waiting with baited breath for the publication of 1921 census details!!!

Marthrow (?) Price was admitted to Dr. Barnardo's Homes on 19th May 1911 when he was approximately 5 years old on a medical examination by a medical professional. A letter, dated 1935, from Dr. Barnardo's stated no exact details were known about Marthrow (maybe Matthew) apart from his mother who was said to be Lucy Price, a van dweller of no fixed abode, father's name unknown.

Marthrow Price was given a date of birth of 18th July 1906.

Despite extensive enquiries, over the years, no proof of a registered birth (date or place) has been located, I don't suppose the 1921 census will provide any more information but who knows???

Kind regards and stay safe.
      Giddysue
      I guess if Barnardos didn't know anything, then they wouldn't be able to put any details on the census, unless he was back with his family by then, which I am assuming he wasn't?

wonder if it will be available via the library log on, can feel a visit to library coming on in January!
      Last edited by cbcarolyn; 11-03-21, 23:14.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

They released 1911 early, why not 1921?

Comment

It won't be released to the public until next year, hopefully January ........ it will be released to FMP, and then everything has to be transliterated.

It will then be available, for extra charge, on FMP only.

Kyle .............. it won't be released early because there was a law passed in 1920 banning the release of any future census before the 100 years was up.
          My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

wonder if it will be available via the library log on, can feel a visit to library coming on in January!
            You better book your seat now - it’s going to be in demand!

Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

I will have to go when it is shut and sit outside!
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

The Scottish 1921 Census will be released this year.

Comment

highland ranger Will this be on Scotlands People or elsewhere do you know?
                  Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Only on ScotlandsPeople.

Comment

Thanks GL. Have a few to look up in Angus. My only Scottish links
                      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I will be looking for quite a few but will really jump for joy when they licence out transcripts of 1911 ancestry and/or FMP pick it up. The biggest bugbear with SP and censuses is the lack of searchable info. You can’t even search on county of origin never mind place. Hopefully it won’t be a long, long wait.

Comment

Working...
                        X