cheltenham parish rcords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheltenham parish rcords?

I know its a long shot but has anybody got the parish records for a marriage 1887 cheltenham (apologies if I have asked before). Just adding some more dna data to my tree and I have a couple in somebodys tree but it appears to be a dead end for them and no responses. Would like the fathers names of Albert William Martin b1873 and Clara Johnson b 1878. One of their children has 3 different surnames so possibly Clara has previous marriages. I think it may be with this couple that my dna links to that tree

No joy looking on FS. They list two CoE churches in Chelntenham, Christ Church and St Peters. St Peter's can only be viewed at a Centre. Albert and Clara are not found in the transciption for Christ Church.

Of course, I didn't look at the non-CoE options...

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
      I know its a long shot but has anybody got the parish records for a marriage 1887 cheltenham (apologies if I have asked before). Just adding some more dna data to my tree and I have a couple in somebodys tree but it appears to be a dead end for them and no responses. Would like the fathers names of Albert William Martin b1873 and Clara Johnson b 1878. One of their children has 3 different surnames so possibly Clara has previous marriages. I think it may be with this couple that my dna links to that tree
      I am confused is the 1887 marriage for Albert & Clara? their birth dates seem a bit out? have you checked the maiden name on GRO of the children?
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

There is no marriage between an Albert Martin and Clara Johnson anywhere on the Gloucestershire Marriages 1754-1938 on Ancestry.

Comment

there are marriage records between on ancestry
          Edmund Townsend and Clara Johnson age 30 spinster Leckhampton 1887
          and one between Albert Martin age 24 and Kate Arkell Leckhampton 1887 alberts father George

I am assuming this is on the GRO register entry as from free BMD:

ARKELL Kate Elizabeth Cheltenham 6a 775
          Johnson Clara Cheltenham 6a 775
          MARTIN Albert William Cheltenham 6a 775
          Townsend Edmund Cheltenham 6a 775

Not sure if this is a coincidence or if this is the record you are looking at

Last edited by cbcarolyn; 07-03-21, 23:05.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

I think this is the same people,

I am looking to find more details in particular the father of the bride married 1941 Thurrock. Nellie Martin to Herbert Lawrence. I have a DNA match but it makes no sense. She has Nellies parents as Albert W martin b 1873 and Clara Johnson b 1878. The marriage for theses 2 is 1887 so aged 14 and 9. I found Nellie on 1939 with

Clara Johnson a red herring?
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

Well done, Carolyn.

Comment

there is a transcribed baptism for Albert William Martin b 9 Jul 1873 (this ties is with 1939 register of man with same name and wife Clara), Mother is Hannah Martin and now father. GRO states MMN is Martin, so maybe no know father.

not sure if I am looking at right man - previous thread has marriage and children of these 2 Clara Medhurst

Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

Sounds like you need a baptism maybe of albert and clara's kids to match occupation of father from marriage records.

thurrock registers would be on the essex records office website for a subscription. Could potentially find the marriage of albert to clara and the baptisms of their children there....

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                    I think this is the same people,

I am looking to find more details in particular the father of the bride married 1941 Thurrock. Nellie Martin to Herbert Lawrence. I have a DNA match but it makes no sense. She has Nellies parents as Albert W martin b 1873 and Clara Johnson b 1878. The marriage for theses 2 is 1887 so aged 14 and 9. I found Nellie on 1939 with

Clara Johnson a red herring?
                    I wasnt sure if I had asked this before, still no response from the tree owner. I seem to go in circles with some of these. It popped up again when I was looking at new matches as they are a shared match with one of my new ones

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                      there are marriage records between on ancestry
                      Edmund Townsend and Clara Johnson age 30 spinster Leckhampton 1887
                      and one between Albert Martin age 24 and Kate Arkell Leckhampton 1887 alberts father George

I am assuming this is on the GRO register entry as from free BMD:

ARKELL Kate Elizabeth Cheltenham 6a 775
                      Johnson Clara Cheltenham 6a 775
                      MARTIN Albert William Cheltenham 6a 775
                      Townsend Edmund Cheltenham 6a 775

Not sure if this is a coincidence or if this is the record you are looking at
                      I see what they have done now then. they have seen Albert Martin with wife Clara and just assumed it was this marriage. Trouble is I have both names in my tree but not correct ages and should be centred around Kent and not cheltenham and again the ages are wrong for the marriage.
                      Thank you, will have to shelve this one for a while longer.

Comment

the child of this couple they have as Nellie Gordon Lawrence Martin b14 july 1912 united kingdom, gordon will be her married name so dont know where Lawrence comes into it

Comment

There is a Nellie Martin b1912 who's mothers maiden name is Medhurst

found them on 1939. Nellie married Lawrence and had a child before marrying Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
                            There is a Nellie Martin b1912 who's mothers maiden name is Medhurst

found them on 1939. Nellie married Lawrence and had a child before marrying Gordon
                            on the previous thread the GRO entries are on there.

I assume the match is occurring as their tree is wrong. Do you know if they are a child of Nellie?
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                            X