Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone do a 1939 Register lookup please

Thomas Blagg Marsh abt 1866

Probate record shows residence as The White Post, Allestree, Derbyshire died 25th Sep 1944.

I believe he may have been in the Ilkeston/Derby area for many years though have no census details for him after 1881, marriage in 1901 at Ilkeston to Mary Wood, occ in the news article is bank manager.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Thomas B Marsh
    Male
    Married
    10 Dec 1865
    3 Allestree Lane
    Belper, Derbyshire, England
    Bank Manager Retired
    more in a mo ...
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Lottie Marsh
      Female
      Married
      13 Jun 1896
      3 Allestree Lane
      Belper, Derbyshire, England
      Unpaid Domestic

Comment

Thanks
        Typo in my first post as wife was Hilda Mary, now who the heck is Lottie I wonder? A daughter in law? I've not even found any kids for him yet.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

1911 census
          Thomas Marsh
          abt 1866
          Head
          Male
          Newark, Nottinghamshire, England
          Ilkeston
          Bank House, Ilkeston
          Married
          Bank Manager
          Hilda M Marsh
          abt 1879
          Wife
          Sarah Helen Mellor
          abt 1893
          Servant
          Female, single
          Sandiacre, Nottinghamshire, England
          Ilkeston

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post
            Thanks
            Typo in my first post as wife was Hilda Mary, now who the heck is Lottie I wonder? A daughter in law? I've not even found any kids for him yet.
            I'll go back to 1939 page and see if any clues ...

?? 2nd wife ??

Comment

According to probate notice Hilda died 26/11/1917

Comment

Thomas B Marsh married Lottie Jones, Birmingham N, Q4 1925

Comment

You're ahead of me there with probate for Hilda, I can see a spell in BNA coming up

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Ancestry.co.uk - England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1995

BNA ? ...

Comment

Hilda Mary Marsh
                      died 26 Nov 1917
                      Derbyshire, England
                      probate 12 Jan 1918
                      London, England
                      wife of Thomas Blagg Marsh
                      effects £193.8s.7d

Comment

BNA is British Newspaper Archive, I've still got a sub for that though I've only found a notice of the marriage so far as I've been searching his name.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

ttfn ... good luck with your searches

Comment

Newspapers can be a pain - wives referred to as Mrs John Smith rather than Mary Smith. (I realise this was the correct form of address at that time!)
                            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

It always amazes me I can find stuff from the 1700's but the 1940's onwards always seem to be missing in the areas I'm looking at. Or there's some obscure online reference to a burial but nothing to back it up.

I'm really working on burials for a few lines right now, one or two in Sheffield but they're not on the Sheff Indexers site and a pile of them in Notts but I can't find details for a lot of them without spending a fortune on council lookups or Deceased online, even then there's a lot missing that spoil the sequence for the two lines I'm working on, I've got images and details for the early burials around 1700 but start floundering from the mid 1800's onwards. The opposite is true for Manchester where I can cover the later stuff but pre cemetery I'm struggling.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Glen, I live in Ilkeston and have just looked up where he was living in 1901 and 1911. Bath St is the main street through the town, now pedestrianised. Mount Row, that was next to his house was park way down and if you google map it, somewhere near the pet shop and Greggs.

Also if you want to add a bit to their names I put a photo of St Mary the Virgin Church and POW on this site.

Nottingham burials are hard to find except on deceased on line but if you have any near Carlton/Arnold/Gedling they are transcribed on Gedling BC web site.
                                Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Thanks Lin

This chap is a descendant of the Blagg family from Car Colston in Notts though the family go way way back to the court of Charles I. Most of them are buried at Car Colston, Newark, Bingham, Nottingham or Collingham, Chrissie Smith grabbed me some pics a few years ago at Collingham but I wish I'd done more on the family back then as there's heaps about them, one was a keen genealogist and antiquarian and published hundreds of pedigrees, PR's and PCC Will index.

If I can't get pics of the people I've been adding churches and headstone images to the tree in many cases so there's been a few from POW that's had an airing.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Notice in the paper for Thomas 1944 attached, if you need any photos at Bingham, I can always help you out there

Attached Files
                                    Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                                    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

I found the piece in BNA about the first marriage, did you find it?
                                      Carolyn
                                      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Yeah I found the first marriage but not much else for him. Tons for his mother, father, aunts and uncles as they are regulars in the papers.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
                                        X