Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hope she is "one of mine"

hi,
    some of you may have seen i have recently been asking for help trying to find a link to my maternal name of Lackey, where i now live. This inturn has led to me having loads of mini trees as i've started looking for links of those in the area (and further afield).

ANYWAY, whilst on this mission i have come across a Lackey lady who was a total rebel! She is listed as a suffragette of 1912, there are articles linked to the criminal damage she caused, the times she was arrested and imprisoned and all sorts. It's not every day you can say that yes i have a rebel (confirmed) in my tree.

This is a fingers crossed i can find a link to her.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

I hope it is ‘one of yours’, looking at the 1891 census the family would be an interesting research. Ireland, W. Indies, Kent, Yorkshire, Hampshire and Devon, they certainly come from all over.

Comment

how have you found her?
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Were you asking me CB?
        I googled "suffragette Lackey" to get details then looked on Family Search and found 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Ken.Milton View Post
          Were you asking me CB?
          I googled "suffragette Lackey" to get details then looked on Family Search and found 1891
          not really, I was just wondering if she had been found via a tenuous link from a family tree, or whether it was just a case that just sharing the same surname. I will google the same
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

not really, I was just wondering if she had been found via a tenuous link from a family tree, or whether it was just a case that just sharing the same surname. I will google the same
            where i was looking for the lackey family of whitehaven, i have started to look for other links to the family in the UK and she has come up from a more modern member of the family name and hints to her on ancestry so i started looking into her.

So far, not found a link to her or the whitehaven ones.
            **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            X