Help with Ancestry Trees please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Ancestry Trees please

Can someone tell me how to access a public tree on Ancestry when you know the member username but not any of the names on their tree? I used to be able to search the Member directory for the username and a link to the tree would be on that page but it seems to have changed. I have been asked by a DNA match to look at some trees but cannot get at them. They are not linked to my DNA as I have searched my DNA match results for them.

Thank you for any help.

Pat

Deleted post
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

You go to search, and then at the bottom of the drop down list is member search
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thank you Carolyn but that does not find you their tree. It used to, as I mentioned in my post, so I tried it from your instructions rather than my bookmarked page, and I got the same result. I land on the page about the member (which is different from what it used to look like) but there is no mention, nor link to their tree. I know there is one as I have been sent a screen shot.

I tried it with my own username and noticed there are now two options - personal profile and public profile. The public profile does not show a link to a tree.

Anyone else want to try it?

Pat

Comment

On the persons profile page click on message - the ones I have tried then bring up a list of the trees owned by the person you want to message.
          Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

if you'd like to pm me the person you are trying to find, I'll have a look

Comment

Is it a private tree your contact has been invited to see?

all public trees are listed on profile pages. So searching for the username will list the trees attached to that username.

do you have the right username? Sometimes there are multiple with the same or similar username.

Comment

I have just played about searching for someone that has a DNA match. If I just search for his username, the first page doesn't have his trees on it. As he is a DNA match it shows it as match and I then have to click on there. and then see the tree below. This seems to be different to people with no dna match
                Last edited by cbcarolyn; 28-02-21, 09:53.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thank you everyone for trying to help. None of these suggestions work. Carolyn's latest post is what I am finding. I have no DNA link to these trees but the person I am in contact with has DNA links to me and these other trees which is why they want me to look at them.

Thank you Val for your offer. I will pm you several username that my contact has given me. I will only send the ones that have public trees with people in them. I can see these from the screenshot of the matches I have been sent.

Pat

Comment

How strange - clicking on messages (trying to send them a message) works for me all the time. Wonder why it doesn't for you.
                    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

I dont know whether they are the right ones but, have sent you the two I found by user name.

Comment

Working...
                      X